Chapter 35, Rest

Lamica lights all the candles in Erray's room as Erray looks through his drawers for clothes to replace the soft bathrobe.

He finds his sleeping shorts, takes off his robe and hangs it on the curl of a mounted candle holder.

He puts the shorts on as he asks, "You want something to sleep in?"

Lamica informs him, "Brought an extra pair of briefs. That's what I normally sleep in."

Erray digs in his baskets for his brush as Lamica gets in the different of his three bags.

Erray comes to sit on the bed pillow as Lamica slides his briefs under his robe.

Erray worries, "You're not upset I fell asleep in our bath, are you?"

Lamica shakes his smile, "Not at all. I'm just glad I was there to keep your head up. It was so peaceful. I wish I could have kept the water warm for you."

Erray hooks the brush in the air, "Come here. Let me tame your mane."

Lamica crawls over the bed pillow to kiss him, then turns and sits in the middle, "I think you have a hair fetish."

Erray laughs softly, "I wish I had the strength to give that the laugh it deserves."

Erray gently works the long blond hair as they listen to the fire and their breathing.

Erray brushes long after it's smooth.

Lamica gently asks, "You gonna let me sleep in braid?"

Erray teases, "Who says I'm going to let you sleep?"

Lamica sighs, "We are both very ready for sleep."

Noise in vent hole makes them look to the drapes.

Erray susgests, "Must have been Mayajap. Echoes are going to take some getting used to."

Lamica slides over the bed pillow, "I smell lavender. Stay here."

Erray fusses as he gets from the bed pillow, "It might be someone bringing the lavender I asked for."

Erray walks into Lamica's outstretched hand, "Deliveries don't sneak. Stay here."

A clatter echoes up and Lamica rushes out the drapes.
Erray follows right behind him.

They find two black knights with buckets of spilled lavender, facing off from Mayajap in white leather underclothes.

A black knight spots them coming and calls out, "Call her off, Erray."

Lamica fusses, "I told you to stay up there."

Erray fusses back, "I'm not a dog.

"Mayajap, I ordered flowers."

She fusses, "Deliveries don't sneak."

A knight explains, "We're to line the path. The bouquet is up by the door. I tapped my bucket to his. We were to be unseen."

Erray snickers, "A path of lavender? That ones for you, love.

"Go back to bed, Mayajap. It's fine."

Dirk leans out of the kitchen, "Can you keep it down? You're jacking up my swag,"

Mayajap shakes her head, "He's delutional." She goes up the path.

Erray orders the gawking knights, "Finish up."

Erray hooks Lamica's arm and tows him back up.

Lamica goes for the drapes, but Erray goes on so Lamica hurries to follow.