PART 24

partially proofread. 👵🏾

TRIGGER WARNING THROUGHOUT.

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"Where are you?" Naala muttered looking around,

"Mom," Reign said from behind them. "You dropped your wallet, I went to go find it,"

"Oh," Naala dragged him towards her, getting down on her knees.

"Mom I'm fine," Reign mumbled when Naala started to cry holding him,

"I thought someone took you," She sobbed,

"Why would you just walk away you dummy?" Roman pushed his brother. "Now look," He said gesturing to their mom.

"I'm sorry mom," Reign patted her back,

"This is why I can't do this," Naala sniffed standing up. She took both of them and pushed Naeem with one hand.

"But mom the groceries," Roman muttered.

"Someone else will have to come and get them," She said tearfully. She got them into the car and called Dave back straight away.

"Baby where are you?" He answered,

"I don't know," Naala cried hearing his voice. "It was a mistake me coming here, I don't even know where I am,"

"Take a second and breathe," Dave said calmly,

"I can't breathe," She said in tears,

Roman leaned forward and took the phone, "Dad we're at Walmart and then Reign went missing but we got him back now,"

"He did what?" Dave exclaimed. "Send me your location Roman, you know how to do that right?"

"I just sent it," Roman answered. "Do you think she'll stop crying? She won't stop crying,"

"She won't stop, just look after your brothers." Dave said back. "Stay on the phone, I'm on my way, are the doors locked?"

"Yeah they're locked," Roman replied,

"Why would you walk away? What have I told you about walking away?" Naala said to Reign,

"That I shouldn't do it but you wouldn't have been able to pay," Reign defended,

"I'm so out of my depth here, where are we?" Naala sobbed,

"Love you're in the car, you're safe," Dave said over the phone,

"What if someone is watching us Amir? What if someone takes them or worse, hurts them?" She cried putting her head on the steering wheel.

"No one is watching you," He tried to explain to her but she wouldn't hear it.

"Look at what you've done," Roman muttered to his brother.

"It's no one's fault," Dave said, he was already in the car on his way to them.

"I don't know what I'm doing here," Naala continued to say,