BONUS CHAPTER

only because I love you guys! Let me know if we want a book out of this 🫶🏾

REIGN NOA BREWSTER
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES

"I heard you," I sighed looking down at my phone

"I heard you," I sighed looking down at my phone. "I'm not gonna miss the dinner Ro, relax,"

"I ain't thinking about the dinner, you ready for the game?" He asked me,

"I'm trying to get ready but you keep calling," I exclaimed looking behind me at the rest of my team.

"Farah wants to talk to you," Roman said making me sigh,

"Hey Farah, you being a good girl?" I said checking my glove,

"I miss you daddy, Uncle Ro doesn't let me eat detergent." She complained,

"You're not meant to eat detergent Farah, come on," I laughed, "Let him give you some candy or something,"

"Come and get your kid man, I got things to do," Roman complained,

"Drop her with mom or something, I won't finish up here till late," I reminded him.

"Mama is not gonna deal with her by herself, especially not with dad being sick," He said,

"Damn I was meant to see them this morning," I cursed closing my eyes. "I took Farah to ballet and then I had practice, I can't —"

"You're really running yourself to the ground Reign, you need to calm down," He said back to me,

"I can't stop, if I stop I lose, I can't stop," I snapped back at him. "I'm gonna go, make sure Farah watches tonight," I said hanging up.

My brother thought he knew what was best for me but I knew what was best for me; I knew I had to be great.

"Brewster, you're up," One of my teammates called out to me,

"Yeah I'm coming," I mumbled putting my phone up. I touched the chain on my neck, saying a quick prayer before I jogged over there.

The game started and I got my head in the right place.

"Brewster, you've got to switch," The coach called over before I picked up the bat.

"What?" I shouted over,

"Family emergency, you gotta switch," He said tapping my shoulder.

That's all I needed to hear to make me drop my bat.

I rushed to the locker room to get all my stuff, looking for my phone whilst I did so.

I called Roman and he didn't pick up. I called Naeem and he didn't pick up, none of them did.

"What is going on?" I groaned getting in my car. I called my mom and she didn't answer either, which made me worry more.

I didn't even know where to go, was it Farah? I was lost.