Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Luke POV

It's July second, exactly four weeks after Becca was kidnapped. Mr. Stine is going to report his story on the eight o'clock news today, as well as the six in the morning news tomorrow morning.

It's currently 7:57, and everyone is waiting for the news to come on. I say everyone, and I mean everyone. My family, her family, our friends. There's thirteen of us here. We're scattered all over the place; five people on the couch, two on a chair, three on the love seat, the other three on the floor.

"Shhh, it's starting!" Jasmine quiets us as the news comes on.

"Hello, ladies and gentleman, I'm Sean Stine. Tonight we will be talking about a fire down by the hospital, a local kidnapping-"

"That's her story!"

"-a musical fraud, and many more."

We sit through stories of much blah blah shit until the moment comes. Mr. Stine starts talking about his daughter.

"Sixteen year-old Becca Stine has been kidnapped from her front porch exactly four weeks ago. The story goes that her sister, Jasmine Stine, told Becca to go fill the bird feeder. Moments later, Jasmine hears a loud cluck. She runs out of the house to see Becca being kidnapped. She immediately calls the police. The weird thing is, they have no clues. Not a single suspect, no evidence, the only witness is Jasmine who saw nothing besides her sisters' terrified eyes. There's not a lead. They don't know what kind of car the kidnapper was driving, they have nothing," He says.

"That's very odd, Sean. Most of the time they would have something by now," His partner says.

"I agree. If you know anything on the crime, don't hesitate to call the police. She has chest length, wavy, brown hair. She has hazel eyes and is about five foot four inches. She was last seen wearing black shorts, red high top Converse, and a red tank top with a black, see through crop top over it. This girl needs your help." The show a picture of Becca on the screen. It was the last picture taken of her. I know because I took it. It was the day before she was kidnapped.

To celebrate the end of the year, our group of friends decided to go the amusement park about twenty minutes away. We were on the Ferris wheel, and Becca looked stunning. The sun was going down, the wind was blowing. She was laughing at something stupid Calum had said. She was trying to get Brooke's attention, who was in the car next to us. I snapped be picture without her knowledge, because I thought she looked pretty. Then, when this happened, Mr. Stine asked for the last picture taken of her. It happened to be in my cell phone.

My heart clenches when I see the picture. I've been staring at it everyday. I just miss her so much...

-

When Mr. Stine comes home later, we're still there.

"Guess what guys!" He yells when he walks through the door. "We had almost twenty-thousand views tonight!" We all scream in excitement. Twenty-thousand more people know about it, and twenty-thousand more people to help.

"Oh my gosh, my gosh, go on Twitter!" Jasmine yells. Those of us who have it, go on it as directed. "Check Taylor Swift's account!" When I do, I read the last tweet she made.

@taylorswift13: Aw, poor girl :( hope she gets found again. I'm rooting for you, girl! http:/19newsbeccastine

It has almost fourteen million retweets. I scream even more now.

We're doing it. We're making it known what it happened. Soon, maybe the entire country will know! The whole world! We'll get her back in no time!

-

At six in the morning, Becca's story is told again, this time, with almost a million views. Not only did Mr. Stine's news show gain popularity, but so did Becca's story. The show had almost a million views and the tweet Taylor Swift made has almost fifty million retweets.

There's search teams already being made. In Florida, Wisconsin, and even California! It's getting huge! The FBI is getting involved. They're saying that this is a kidnapping, and they deal with that kind of stuff. Nobody knows why she was taken, it could be anything.

Thank you, Taylor Swift.

Following Taylor's actions, Fall Out Boy, Luke Bryan, and Ellen have all tweeted they're supporting the idea that Becca can be found.

There's about 320 million people in the United States, I think we can do this. We can start a massive search party and take over a city for a day.

Also, Twitter is an international thing. Eventually, other countries will catch on. There's a possibility she was taken out of the country. Right now, everything is a possibility. They might even search for her. You never know.

When I walk out of the house in the morning, there's a crowd of reporters and cameras waiting for me. They see me, and I get startled. "Luke, Luke!" They yell and I flinch at the light in my eyes.

One lady runs up to me, "Luke Hemmings, did you know Becca well?"

"Yeah, she was my best friend, how did you figure that out?"

They ignore my question and continue asking me ones. I try to get past them, but they don't let me through. I'm struggling until my dad comes out and tells them to get away.

"Thanks, Dad."

"No problem," He says, "Where are you going?"

"Calum's."

"You're not gonna go looking for Becca, are you?"

"I don't think so."

"Alright, good. Have fun." I walk to Calum's house. It's not too far from here. But then again, I live in a small town. Nothing is far from here.

When I get to his house, I text Calum.

To: Calum: Hey, can I come over?

From: Calum: sure

To: Calum: good cause I'm on your front porch.

I walk in to see Calum laughing on his couch. "You're hysterical, buddy."

"Thanks. Okay, so, there were a shit load of reporters on my front lawn when I stepped out of my house this morning. They kept asking about Becca. How did they find out I know her?"

"I don't know. Not the police, they're not allowed to say anything." I shrug it off and sit down next to my buddy, who turns on Spongebob.

I watch the show as I think about my love.

A/N: I should probably publish this soon :/

In case anyone is confused, I started this story months before I published it.

UPDATE! It's supposed to be 90 degrees on Tuesday. sigh.

Hope you enjoyed! See you next update!

Bailey xx