Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Luke POV

We're in a beautiful flower field. She's wearing a beautiful white dress. It reaches her mid thighs and fits her perfectly. Her is down in her loose, natural waves.

"Becca, where are you taking me?" I laugh. She's pulling on my arm gently. She turns around and stares at me with her gorgeous hazel eyes.

"The middle of the field."

"Why?"

"I want to dance with you where the lilacs are," She says honestly. I smile. She loves lilacs.

"There's no music."

"Then sing," She commands, and I obey. I always would. Her beauty just takes over my mind and I can't resist.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before, and I can't sweep you off your feet," I sing Ed Sheeran, he's her favorite. I can see her grin blossom into a smile.

"Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love, will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"

I spin her around, her dress twirls and her hair does as well. I take in the sight. She's a rainbow in the sky; beautiful, a rare kind.

"And, darling, I will be lovin' you till we're 70. And, darling, my heart can still fall as hard at 23."

"Luke, I love you," Becca says. I smile.

"I love-" Then, all of a sudden, everything turns black and red. A dark, gloomy cloud sets over us. I hug Becca to my chest, not wanting her to get hurt. A black figure shows up and drags Becca away from me. I fight back, trying to pull her back. It's too strong from me, and ends up taking her away.

"Luke!" Becca yells. She doesn't let go of my hand.

"Becca, I won't let go!" I yell, and her hand rubs against mine as the figure runs away with her. "Becca, no!"

"Luke, c'mon, wake up!" Someone is shaking me. My eyes open and I see Jack staring at me. "God dammit, you have been shaking for the past two minutes."

"What happened?"

"You had a bad dream, I'm guessing."

"It-it seemed so real," I stutter.

"That's normal. Would you like to talk about it?"

"Becca was there. She looked gorgeous, and we were dancing. She told me she loved me, and I was about to respond, when it got dark. A cloudy mist stole her from me, I told her I would never let go. It was metaphorical, of course. Because I had no choice to literally let her go due to the fact I was no longer holding her. But metaphorically, I will never let go."

"Okay, Rose," Jack says.

"Jack, stop it. This is seriously screwing with my head. What does it mean?"

Jack sighs. "It means you're afraid of admitting that Becca is actually gone."

"Well, I know she is."

"Do you think we'll get her back?"

"Yes."

"Are you ever going to stop looking for her, even if everyone thinks she's dead?"

"No, unless we have a body, I won't believe it."

"Yep, you literally can't admit it. Just go to bed, Luke," Jack says then leaves. I sigh and get snuggled back into bed.