7. Please Forgive Me

Arthur blushed. He looked up at the group in front of him. Everyone looked with pity in their eyes. Even Draco, who always made fun of Weasley and his family for having no money, was suddenly at a loss for words. He had not known about their home. Or that his family member had destroyed it. Even though he had nothing to do with it, he felt very guilty. Arthur straightened up. "That is not the case at all, son." 

"I am sorry, dad. I -" Ron started feeling awful for his outburst and outting the family in such a way.

"Actually, your mother and I argued because she wants to build a new home. Somewhere closer to town. To the graveyard. A proper home. But I can not bear to leave the Burrow. I love our dilapidated house with its creaks and moving floorboards. Each of my children was born there. It is my home." Ron looked up at his father. "My new job came with a very promising pay increase. And the money for the rebuild was actually paid for by a very generous and anonymous financial donation." He looked at Narcissa. "Thank you."

"She destroyed your home. It is only right that her money goes to repaying for what she took. The rest of it is to do as you wish," Narcissa nodded and smiled. After her sister died, Narcissa inherited her small fortune and her Manor, which was pretty much in ruins. From the moment Kingsley came to her to tell her, she knew the money should go to the Weasleys. For one, it would have her sister turning in her grave, which gave Narcissa a lift, and the Weasleys were more in need. It was the right thing to do. That money would have no impact on Narcissa or Draco but would change the Weasleys' lives for the better, and they deserved it.

"They paid for it?" Ron sounded disgusted. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Maybe this is a conversation best left to privacy and not in a hallway," Sloane offered. 

"Fuck up and piss off you. I don't know you and already I don't like you!" Ron snapped and stepped closer to her.

Arthur turned to Ron. "I think it's time you headed home."

"But Luna -"

"Is in perfectly safe hands." Luna interrupted. "I appreciate you caring for me, Ron, but I assure you that I am happy with this. I need to spend time with my family, just as you do yours." Ron looked like he wanted to argue. He opened his mouth and closed it about four times. "I will write to you all so you know I am safe," she rolled her eyes at the need to do it. 

"Fine then," Ron rolled his eyes, too. "If I hear that you have been anything but -"

"But what, Weasel? Family to her?" Draco scoffed. True, he had never paid Luna much attention in school. He knew they were related, obviously, and he did speak to her the first few years. They went on walks and studied together. But when she joined the DA, he was furious. He couldn't keep her safe if she was putting herself at risk so much. Then he heard about her running off to The Ministry, and he lost it. He cut off all ties with her after that. Until the day she was taken to Malfoy Manor and thrown in the cellar. After that, he made sure that he was always the one to guard her so no one else could hurt her. If she was locked up, she was safe. It sounded stupid, but it was his logic at the time. He would make sure she was warm, and bring blankets and food for her, and everyone else. He even managed to conjure beds out of rubble in the cellar and set them up for them at night. Then, he would change them back to rocks in the morning. His mother helped also by installing a bathroom. They couldn't let them go, but they could at least make it a little easier to be there. They were working on an escape plan when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were captured. 

"You are not much of a family," Ron scoffed in return. "If you were my family, I would throw myself into the Thames." Ron could feel the anger bubbling inside him, like a cauldron being held over intense heat. He could feel it in the tips of his fingers. Fingers that were itching to take hold of his wand and put Draco fucking Malfoy out of his misery. How was it fair that the slimy Slytherin was walking around free as a fucking bird while Fred rotted six feet under? Nothing made sense. Voldemort was dead yes but there was so much more work that needed to be done. So many Death Eaters that needed rounding up. How could Harry even think about going back to school when there were people like the Malfoys, Zabinis, Nott, Goyles and Parkinson's out there? They would never be safe.