Epilogue

It had been years since the war had passed and the realm, at long last, was at peace.

People no longer shuddered with fear upon seeing dragons soar in the skies above them, they in fact watched with wonder and admiration at the glorious creatures that danced amidst the clouds.

Targaryens have always been closer to gods than they've been to men, they told the younger children.

The house of the dragon was no longer divided by the greens or the blacks but instead, united by Eirlys and Aemond.

Queen Eirlys and her King, Aemond.

Their united house ensured a united realm.

Rhaenyra had taken ill a few years back when she was pregnant with her's and Daemon's final child. She had heard news of her husband secretly having a scandalous affair with a certain maiden called Nettles. She'd ordered for the girl to be put to sword but instead Daemon fled with her to the free cities, earning himself the title of 'exile'.

He was never seen nor heard from again.

The grief had taken a toll on her and resulted in a failed child birth which cost even Rhaenyra her own life.

Eirlys was then crowned as queen of the seven kingdoms, and Aemond was her king consort.

She was a kind and just queen, beloved by all.

Her brother Luke had regained his memory and sat on the queen's council as lord of the tides; And Daeron served as hand of the queen.

The princess Skyllŷra, had earned the term 'beauty of the realm'. She had her mother's grace and compassion along with her father's wit and confidence.

She had a number of suitors, eager to win her hand but she had already taken a fancy to her childhood companion Maelor. Aemond was the very first to grant the young prince his blessing to court his daughter.

Aemond and Eirlys did have other children in time; the twins Jaehaerys and Aeron. And another daughter, Adrestia.

Alicent had at last come out of her grief and once more stepped into the role of being a mother toward Eirlys, a figure she most certainly needed after the demise of her own mother.

The house of the dragon had been restored to its former glory, with all of the dragons living together in harmony.

In the many years that followed in which Aemond and Eirlys ruled, a number of songs were composed and sung of their peaceful reign while poems and books were written that described their eternal and unwavering love they had for each other which was quiet a rarity in their time.

The two dragons beloved by all.

So much had been sacrificed and lost to achieve the peace they maintained as they ruled the seven kingdoms:

Their friends,

Their Family,

Their childhood,

But most of all, something they wished they could've held on to a bit longer, was their innocence.

~Se Mōris~
~The End~

AN: Omg this book is finally at its end! Thanks to everyone who read, voted and commented (yes I read every single one of your comments since I have nothing better to do in life)

I will continue to write few one shots and AUs on my tumblr :
[@/aphrodisiac-siren]
I will be writing Aemond fics as well as other characters played by the actor for the Ewan Mitchell stannies.

I love you all so so much mwah💗

xx Renée