𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂

"You know, I'm getting kind of worried. I haven't seen Sophie in literally weeks and Agatha doesn't want to talk to me anymore for some reason." Maddy confessed to the two boys while at the archery range. 

"Isn't that kind of a good thing? I mean, your not having to deal with any of the drama that comes with those two." The blonde boy kind of laughed at his own joke but the girl wasn't in a joking mood. She was really upset and worried about it.

"Chad, I'm being serious. What if they are plotting against me or something?" She lowered her bow and looked towards the two who were slacking off and not doing any actual training. 
"Well you'll see them both tomorrow. Neither of them are going to want to miss it." 

The darker haired boy stood from his seat and walked over so that Maddy could have a break and he would train. 
"What's happening tomorrow?" She looked between the two boys, looking for an answer, from either of them.

"Tomorrow every first year, good and evil, get their full powers." Tedros looked away from the girl, towards the target and quickly let go of his arrow, letting it fly straight into the target.
"We already have ours from last year, so we get to watch all of you guys react." 

Chaddick smiled to the girl who nodded her head along with the explanation. 
"So what exactly do the powers get us?" She just kept questioning them. 
"Whatever you want I guess? One of the things most princesses learn to do is mogrify but I'm not sure about you because your not a princess." 

The blonde boy tried to answer her question but it wasn't easy.
"Yeah. That word sounds made up, but I'll play along. What is mogrifying?" 
"You can turn into whatever type of animal you wish or something. I'm not to sure because we don't have it." 

The prince had replied to the girl after retrieving his arrows.
"And you have to wear a specific uniform. Well we do, but I'm unsure about your case." He added onto his other statement.
"I'm sure Dovey will come tell you about it later." Chad said and Tedros agreed.

"Yeah probably." As Maddy said that, the bell went and they were all dismissed. At this point they were all doing the same things every day. They just had to make sure that they were still doing what they needed to throughout the day.

The three teenagers had gotten a lot closer over the last few weeks. Granted, Tedros and Chaddick were already quite close before hand but they really accepted the girl as one of their close friends.

And she was glad for that otherwise Maddy would probably not have many friends or people to hang out with. Especially with whatever is going on with Agatha and Sophie every day. Their opinions towards the girl changes every 10 minutes and she was honestly getting sick of it.

"I'm not really in the mood for eating around people today. I think I might go to my room and just relax for the rest of the day cause I have frees." Maddy stated as they were walking back towards the building. 

"I might read a book or two." She smiled and the others looked at each other and back at her.
"You have books in your room? I thought you came here with nothing?" Chaddick asked the girl once they walked into the hallway.

"Yeah but Dovey said that they put the bookshelf in for some personalization. Is that not normal?" She was worried. Why would she get a personal item and nobody else did?
"Well yeah but not entire bookshelves." He was nearly yelling at this point.

"More like a clock, or picture for the wall or something smaller." Tedros added on and by now they had entered the hall.
"What type of books do you have in your bookshelf?" He questioned as the three walked over to the buffet table and picked out something to eat for lunch.

"Most of the fairytales I read back in Gavaldon, plus a bunch of new ones that I didn't even know existed." Maddy had honestly no idea. She hadn't really had much time to look at the books in her room or even add things to her room that made it feel more like home and more comfortable.

"Fairytales? Like our fairytales?" Chaddick stopped the girl by walking in front of her.
"Yeah. You can come and look at them if you want." She suggested and the two boys took her offer up. With that, they walked out of the hall wand into one of the towers.

They walked to the very end of the hallway and Maddy opened her bedroom door, and let the two in. The room didn't even look like someone lived there, it was that clean and tidy. The bed was neatly made and everything that belonged on a shelf was sat where it was meant to be. 

"Your room is huge." The blonde boy spun around to look at everything before walking over to the balcony.
"Now I see why you walk this way when we finish." He added on once he saw how close it was to the training grounds.

"Yeah, thanks to Tedros. I wouldn't have even known it existed unless he shown me." She pointed towards the boy who was busy looking at the reason they came there in the first place. Her huge bookshelf. Every fairytale that was to ever exist was sat on a shelf.

He looked at a book that was at level with his eyes and grabbed it out to look at it. When Maddy saw the cover of the book, she walked over to him.
"That one has got to be my favorite." She smiled and he looked away from the book for a second to smile back before turning to read a the first few pages.

"There's more information in this book then even I know about." His smiled faded and turned into a frown. It hurt knowing that people who didn't even know King Arthur was real, knew more information than his own son. 

"It's like that for every fairytale that begins here. A book is written from when they are born to the day they die, only we don't see the information about the school. The only thing that suggests this place exists, is the seal."

The girl said and flipped the pages  of the book Tedros was reading to the front, where the two swans were on the page.
"Our lives only exist so we can be written about and put in a book for others to read? That's so dumb."

Chaddick walked over to the two of them and looked at the books in front of him. 
"So, which book is about your parents Chad?" The girl asked him and he looked at Tedros for a minute wondering if they should tell her when eventually came to the conclusion that they should. 

"Umm that one actually." He pointed to the one in Tedros' hand.
"Tedros and I are half brothers. Dad married my mother not long after.... well, you know what happened, and we were only born a few months apart." 

Hearing this made the girl speechless. Her two friends were brothers and she was only now finding out?
"Why was this not mentioned earlier on? Also, how do you deal with each other constantly? My sister tries to rip my heart out majority of the time and I only used to see her once every three to four days." 

"We really only had each other growing up, so we managed to just deal with it. And now we hang out with each other pretty much all day every day." Tedros put the book about his father back on the shelf and they all walked over to the very large bed to continue this conversation.

"What do you mean you only saw your sister every few days?" Chad asked Maddy once they were all sat down.
"My family never wanted to be around me, because of my hair. Mum left us when I was only 2 and my dad and sister blamed it all on me. So, I went to school, hung out at the library and then spent the rest of the day in my room." 

"I would occasionally see either of them for dinner because I cooked and left the food on the table for when they got home from work. I was always just in the way though. That's why when I came here I thought I would finally find somewhere that I belong." 

She had never told anyone that story. Maddy didn't have friends to tell the story to. Agatha and Sophie would always talk about themselves and the poor girl never really had a say in their conversations. Only ever when they needed someone to agree or disagree.