𝓤𝓷𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓖𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓼

"To access one's magic, one must first unlock one's finger glow." Dovey smiled to everyone and announced. The way that she said some things really confused Maddy's brain and apparently others, because she said the word 'ones' about three to many times for anybody to handle. 

Thank the lords that Lesso talks like a regular human being.
"Once you've mastered your finger glow, it will prove to be invaluable." Lesso smirked, mainly because she had hoped that her students were promising this year. 

Maddy was honestly getting super bored of the entire ordeal and just wanted to see what all of the fuss was about seeing as the boys both ignored her questions, and just kept telling her to wait for when she got her magic, which pissed her off. 

The two teachers looked at each other and pulled keys out of pockets of their dresses. 
"That's not creepy at all. Keys, of course it would be keys to unlock our magic. What else could it possibly be?" 

Maddy was mainly talking to herself but Tedros just laughed at the girl.
"If the first year prince's could come up first, to make it a little less hectic." Dovey smiled and all the Ever boys began to form a straight line next to the Nevers.

"Mads, that's you as well." Chaddick stood the girl up and pushed her to walk down the steps and get in line with them. She looked horrified and Agatha shared her expression which made the two brothers just laugh. It didn't make Maddy feel any better that they didn't tell her if it was painful or not. 

Well, the prince's were acting just like babies and somehow, the white-haired girl ended up being in the front of the line. How did this happen? Why am I at the front? All of this crap is to new for me to be at the front! 

She thought to herself and saw Dovey smiling at her. 
"Have no fears Evers. Good feels no pain." The older lady reassured the first year students, mainly for Maddy's benefit. The young girl walked up to Dovey and ignored whatever Lesso was saying as it probably had nothing to do with her anyway.

"Wow, Maddy's at the front. Not even either of us were game enough to be the first person." Chaddick mentioned to the two that were sitting next to him seeing as the princesses were still to be seated and wait their turn. 

"She'll be fine. She's strong. Plus it doesn't actually hurt, more kind of tickles." Tedros couldn't look away from the girl. This was something he often found himself doing. Staring at her until she could feel it and so once she'd even slightly move, he would turn his head and look at something else. Even Chaddick noticed it.

Once the girl had reached the very front and was close enough to the teacher, she held her hand out and Dovey carefully placed the key inside her finger. Maddy felt like she needed to scream once she saw how deep it went in except, the pain was missing. There was no pain at all.

So, the professor continued to turn the key and just like that, Maddy's finger turned a bright glow. It almost had a blue hue to it. Maddy just stared at it as she walked away from the line. 
"Your finger glow helps you become aware of the power inside you." The older lady spoke again, still keeping the same smile on her face. 

"When your finger glows it means you've begun to tap into emotions that are powerful enough to cast a spell." Lesso reminded her students as well as the others, but mainly her own. Maddy couldn't help but stare at her finger as she walked back over to the bleachers and sat down between Agatha and Tedros.

"Does anyone else notice that it's kind of blue or is it meant to look like that?" She asked as soon as she sat down and made sure that the three of them could see. Chad held his hand out and let his finger glow, showing it to be the yellow that everyone else had.

"Hey Ted, it kinda looks like yours, doesn't it?" He noticed and asked his brother who hadn't really said a word. Tedros knotted his eyebrows and didn't even know what his brother was talking about, until he did the same thing and his finger shone the same shade of blue as the girls.