𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵

After talking to Chaddick, Maddy decided to go back to Agatha's dorm so they could help each other get ready seeing as the dark haired girl had been asked to go to the Evers Ball by Chaddick, which she said yes to.

"Do I have to go? I mean I don't even have a date. How am I supposed to go to a ball without a date Agatha?" Maddy asked the girl that was dragging her to the groom rooms to get ready.
"Yes your going. Besides, who said you need a date to be able to dress up and go to a ball?" 

Agatha was finally excited about something with the school. She was obviously worried about Sophie and what would happen but she finally got something that she wanted. She had someone interested in her for who she was, and there wasn o way she was wasting that. 

"Literally the rules. If a princess has no date to the Evers ball then she will fail. It's the school rules!" Maddy argued to the girl who turned back to her and forced her to sit down in a chair in the groom room.

"Yes, a 'princess'. That rule does't apply to you because you're not a princess! That doesn't mean you can't dress like one though." Agatha smiled to her friend and called to the fairies who she had now become great friends with to please help with getting both girls ready.

After a few hours the two girls were finally ready. Agatha had a beautiful blue gown on with a matching ribbon necklace that looked oddly to Cinderellas, with the front strands of her hair pinned back to frame her facial structure. Each of her gorgeous natural curls defined and hydrated perfectly. 

Maddy wore a gorgeous peach coloured gown that faded to white at the bottom with a pearl necklace that matched perfectly. Her dress looked very similar to Agathas in style, however the corseted top had more embroidery and gems on it. Her hair was styled in beautiful beach waves with the top half pulled up into a loose ponytail.  

Small and short strands of her were pulled out and curled separately to define her face. They both looked beautiful and were both wearing heels when they walked out of the groom rooms,. however as soon as the doors were shut, the heels came off.

"These shoes are so uncomfortable. Wanna go change them?" Agatha asked the girl who nodded her head and the two headed towards the dorm rooms. Agathas first, where she put on her black Doc Martin shoes which were much more comfortable.

They then walked a little more up the stairs and to Maddy's dorm so she could change her shoes, as well as grab a few other things. She walked in, Grabbed her boots and immediately put them on which made her seem a lot more comfortable. The girl then grabbed her pouch of daggers and tied them around her leg just because the school master told her to be prepared.

"You don't need them. Sophie isn't going to harm anyone." Agatha said to the girl as they were about to walk out of the dorm room.
"I would rather be safe then sorry." Maddy told the girl who sighed and the two made their way towards the hall where the hall was being held. 

The two girls walked into the ballroom and saw everyone dancing gracefully with their partners which made Maddy smile. They walked down the stairs and Maddy's eyes met with the blue eyes of someone else and to her, it looked like he stopped breathing which made his best mate try and gain his attention again because he had no clue why the boy had stopped walking.

Chaddick looked up to where Tedros was staring and did the same thing after seeing Agatha walking down the stairs.
"Holy smokes." The blonde boy smiled at the two girls as they walked down the stairs and towards the boys. 

Maddy hadn't talked to the dark haired boy since the whole ordeal with the Trial and so she had no idea if he actually wanted to talk to her or not. The two girls walked up to the boys and all of them came to a stop as they stood in front of each other.

"Agatha, you looked absolutely stunning. So do you Mads." Chaddick smiled to the two girl, which made Agatha blush and Maddy smile at the compliment. Just then, the original song that each pair had been dancing to had ended.

"May I have this dance?" Chad held his hand out and asked Agatha which she replied yes to and held onto his hand while they walked to the dance floor. Then it was just Maddy and Tedros standing there and staring at each other in awe. 

Quickly Tedros snapped out of his state and started talking.
"I was worried that you wouldn't come to the ball without an invite, but then I realised that you didn't need one and you kinda do what you want." He started rambling and Maddy was entranced by him, however she remembered the plan. She needed to find Sophie.

"Tedros, have you seen Sophie?" She hated to ask the question but she knew that she had to. 
"Look, for once, can we talk about something else? Like what happened in the forest? That wa-" 
"Yes, later. After I find her." Maddy so badly wanted to talk to him about everything but she couldn't. Not yet.

"She yells at you, she disrespects you, she blames you for everything in her life going wrong, yet all you do is seem to help her. Why do you think she deserves saving?" Tedros asked the girl and it made her think. 

She didn't think that Sophie deserved saving. She was fine exactly where she was, the only thing was that Agatha needed her. She needed to know that Sophie was safe and okay and so Maddy was doing all of this for Agatha. 

"I don't. I'm doing it so that they can go and do what they want to do and I can do what I want. And finding her and getting her out of here is a win for both. They want to leave because they have each other and their families back in Gavaldon, I want to stay because I had none of that. My family hated me and I had no actual friends." 

"I'm not helping her get out of here. I'm helping myself try to find a place where I belong and where I fit in, which is here and without her. That's why I've done everything." Maddy explained to the boy in front of her who took a little while to process things but quickly responded.

"You're right, she doesn't belong here, I learnt that when I got saved from the reaper. Not because she saved me, but because you did. You have been there for me the entire time, helping me out with everything, even if they were dumb decisions and ones I couldn't control. You were always there."

"And no one has ever done anything like that for me before. Not even Chad because he just gets sick of me to quickly." Tedros joked and made the girl laugh. 
"And Maddy it made me realise, that you are the one I've been trying so long to find. You are my true love." 

Hearing him say this made the girls heart explode. Chaddick was right. Tedros did like her from the beginning and although she lovev hearing him say that she was his true love, it was a lot to go into right away. Was she ready to be someone's true love? Was she really Tedros'?

"Tedros, you have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that, but you have the worst timing-"
"No Maddy, I've thought it through. I-I love you." He was smiling ear to ear and Maddys face just lit up with excitement. 

"Please stop for a second and breath. Rafal is using Sophie to take down the schools." Maddy's smiled faltered and and Tedros completely lost his.
"Wait, w-who's Rafal?" 

Maddy went to answer him but the music stopped and the door swung open, revealing someone standing in the doorway.