16

I opened my eyes to the sound of fist banging on the door. It had never sounded so good. Jeongyeon opened the door and I was so proud of her because she wasn't ignoring me like usual. I approached her and she grabbed me by my hips, giving me a quick kiss.

-How is the most beautiful hostage of the whole family?

I smiled. -I see that yesterday's lesson was enough for you.

I followed her into the bathroom, where I began to undress while she went to get Momo. I noticed someone's absence.

-Did she have a fight with Son?

-They took her away. She has returned to her family.- answered Rosé.

-When?- I asked alarmed.

Losing Mina was tantamount to losing the most competent person in the group.

-Tonight.- Dahyun answered, getting out of the shower.

At that moment Momo came in, happy as usual, addressing her hot shower. With no clothes on, I walked over to Jeongyeon, pointing my finger at her.

-You! Mina left and you didn't even say goodbye.

-It's covert operations.- she said, looking at my breasts.

-Honey, my eyes are here.- I told her, lifting her head with two fingers under her chin.

-Honey?- Momo asked. -Of course you have to be really convinced an important person like capodecina Yoo can like you.

-Tonight she called me.- I said with a grin.

-The other nights she will call me. She probably called you last night to tell you to stop being so close to her.

Jeongyeon didn't talk, because she couldn't tell she was in a relationship with me. I saw Dahyun stamp her feet once he was dressed. What's up with everyone?

✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿

Sana

-Are you leaving again?- I asked in my bed, which I had agreed to share with Tzuyu, because I was practically forced to.

-It's for work.

-Work, always that. How can you define it work?

-Work is anything you put energy into.

-But you don't do anything. Your men do the work for you.a She rolled her eyes. -Ah! It's another thing! I hate that you just give me orders.

-Do you know what they told me?- She always changes the subject. Amazing! -That your friend Im and capodecina Yoo are together. Do you think a capodecina can be with a future soldier?

-Future soldier?

-Everyone is part of the team. Park works for us, Kim is kind of my foster sister, Myoui works for us—

-Mina!?

-Mina is our infiltrator.

I couldn't believe it. Is Mina one of them? Has my friend Mina always been an enemy? Was our friendship real or was she lying too?

-What does she do?- I asked curiously, but also to find out if Mina had also lied to me.

-She Betrayed her family. No one was supposed to know that she works for us, so she pretended to be a normal hostage. She is now ready to betray her family for the second time.

-How?

-I can't tell you, honey.

-You talk so much about a future together and you don't even trust me.- I commented with contempt.

She sighed. -Mom is waiting for you for lunch.

-Sure, your mother. It almost looks like she married her.

-Honey, I'll come back and we'll spend the days together. You will finally understand how lucky you are to have married me.

I laughed. -You would like it.

Tzuyu went away, leaving me alone in that big bed. I was finally more comfortable. I couldn't have a phone because Tzuyu was afraid I'd try to escape, so I could only spend my days with the television and Ms. Chou. I went downstairs, where Tzuyu's mother was waiting for me.

-Good morning.

-Good morning, Sana. How did you sleep?

-Well, ma'am. You?

-Good. Tzuyu just left. Do you know when she will be back?

-No.- And I'm not interested in it.

-Do you want something to eat?

-No thanks. At the moment I'm fine.

She smiled softly at me, an expression I wouldn't associate with a monster's mother. I walked over to the couch where she was sitting and saw that she was holding a photo album.

-This is Tzuyu's father.- she told me, pointing to a man in a suit and tie next to a woman dressed in white. They were their wedding photos. -He would've liked you. You know, he was a terrible man but he said he wanted a daughter-in-law. You would have been his soft spot. Seeing Tzuyu married was his dream. Since he died, Tzuyu never visits hos grave.

-Why?- I asked a little hesitant.

-I think she can't accept her father's death. I tried to talk to her but Tzuyu is not one to talk much. In exactly one month it will be the anniversary of his death.- She sighed. -At first I hated him a lot and now I'm here crying for him. Isn't life strange?

-Tzuyu should go to hrr father on the anniversary day.

-I agree. But what can we do about it? She was going to have a man killed because I asked him to talk her about it.

-What immature behavior.

Ms. Chou laughed. -I wonder how you can be Tzuyu's type. She hates being ordered around and you look m as a dictator.

-I think so. We are too different.

-You give time to time. When she comes back, try to talk to her.

-Ma'am, have you experienced the same situation as me, how did you do it? What should I do?

-At first I didn't talk to him but then he conquered me.

-How?

-You're too curious.- I blushed. -He started to prove to me that he wasn't as insensitive as he seemed.

-And then you really loved you husband?

She looked at the photo in the album and smiled. -I did. We had a beautiful daughter and now I have a beautiful new daughter.- She looked at me. -If Tzuyu hadn't been the daughter of a boss, she wouldn't be like this.

-Unfortunately I can't judge someone based on what she wouldn't be.

She got up. -A cup of tea?

-Coffee maybe.

I followed her into the kitchen and saw her start preparing it. I thought the boss's men would cook for us, but Ms. Chou liked to do everything herself. The coffee she made was very good.

-Sometimes I'm afraid that Tzuyu might end up like my husband.- she said, looking out the window.

-Why don't you stop her?

-Now I'm in it too. How can I do such a thing?- I nodded. -Anyway, have you thought about children yet? I would like to have a grandchild.

I nearly blanched. -Well...