something new

[<3]

"why is this shit so hard to decide?"

"no I don't want this one."

"this one's nice. oh wait there's only one box, never mind."

"hmm red? absolutely not."

I walk down the isle of Sally's beauty supply alone with a finger on my chin trying to find a suitable hair dye. I eye all the colors, only sticking with darker colors as I don't want to bleach my hair.

"blacks nice, you can never go wrong with black." I whisper to myself.

that might actually just work.

I crouch down and pick up two boxes of black hair dye and then also pick up some hair scissors. I check out and make my way home with my goodies, ready to lock myself in the bathroom for a few hours. The boys were out so it's a perfect time to do it.

I get home and head straight for the bathroom. I lock the door and start setting everything up.

first step: hair cut.

I've watched a few videos, still not professional but I think I can cut it good enough for myself.

I part my hair in 4 sections and place hair ties in them. I grab the scissors and with absolutely no hesitation, I start chopping trying to keep it as straight as possible. the hair falls to my feet, tickling my legs on the way down.

my hair ends at my shoulders now instead of my waist. I feel more mature and beautiful looking at the new cut.

next is a fringe.

it's fairly simple, easier than I thought.

now it's time for step 2: hair dye

mid color application I hear a knock on the door, I pause my music.

"Maeve?" it's Noah.

try not to sound suspicious.

"yeahh?" I draw it out.

nice.

"whatcha doin?"

"oh you know, just chilling in the bathroom."

even better. damnit Maeve.

"can I come in?"

"no!" I say a little too quickly. "uh not right now, I'm naked!"

I scrunch my face up.

Jesus Maeve, you suck at lying.

"uh okay?" he sounds very confused.

"I'll be out soon!"

I don't hear anything after and play my music once more.

"I'm such a fucking idiot." I whisper to myself.

an hour goes by and I'm getting out of the shower and drying my hair. I only style my bangs and decide my hair is good enough.

the black brightens my skin making me look more lively and beautiful. I put new clothes on and clean up the huge mess in the bathroom, throwing almost everything away.

I make my way out of the bathroom and head down the stairs.

"YOUR HAIR!" Bryan, who's over, shouts.

I pause like a deer in headlights not even fully down the stairs and soon everyone down stairs, walks into the living room to see what he's talking about.

"uh yeah, what about it?" I try to hide my laughter.

"is that why you wouldn't let me in the bathroom?" Noah asks with amusement painting his face.