meeting the family

[<3]

it's a strange feeling that washes over you knowing that your life is about to change forever. it's a sense of calmness mixed with nerves. but in all the best ways possible.

the feeling of the ring on my finger still feels surreal. it's one of those thing you fear that if you look away or look for too long, it'll disappear.

the love I've been waiting for since I was little is now wrapped around my heart and around my ring finger in the most delicate and permanent way.

——

the boys have a few weeks off of touring to celebrate the holidays coming up. with thanksgiving coming up, Noah and I are going to stay with my mom.

the other boys promised my mom that they'd visit soon. to say she was over the moon would be an understatement.

thanksgiving is always held at moms. my aunts and uncles come over, as well as cousins. we're a very small family and honestly, I love it and hate it. the cousins are always older or younger with the odd cousin who's finally the same age but lives in a different state, that you only see once a year.

today mom's prepping the house and Noah follows her around like a lost puppy as he moves/reaches the things she can't. I'm in the kitchen collecting old family recipes out of my great grandmothers cook book. I make the calls to the family and figure out who's bringing what dish.

"aunt carol pumpkin pie is already taken, why not make your apple pie? it's everyone's favorite!" I hold the bridge of my nose and exhale. there's literally no winning with this woman.

she still refuses, "okay, then what about GGs pumpkin rolls? those are good." I flip through the old book.

she pauses. score!

"those are quite delightful, yeah I guess those will do!"

"okay great! I'll see you then, bye aunt carol."

I let out a sigh of relief when the call ends.

"MOM!" I shout through the house.

"YES!"

"DON'T EVER MAKE ME CALL AUNT CAROL AGAIN!"

"ARGUED OVER PUMPKIN PIE?"

"AS ALWAYS!"

she laughs.

I write down the dishes mom and I will be making, which is usually the bigger things that are harder to travel with, such as turkey.

as I'm writing the list, Noah walks into the kitchen.

"what'd she make you move?"

"the couch to two different spots and then set up the table." he chugs a glass of water.

I snort at that.

"NOAH CAN YOU COME MOVE THE TV?"

I laugh at this, "go on, go be Superman." I jokingly wink at him.

he chuckles and kisses my cheek before walking to where my mom is.

I go over the ingredients to figure out what I will need to go pick up at the store. once I have my list, I grab my bag and shout to my mom.