⁰¹ | Fireheart's house

Chapter 1:

Summer break was finally coming to an end, a few more weeks and the twin's second year at Hogwarts would take place. The twins were excited, mainly because they would see their best friends again. Aiden and Hayden missed Hermione the most, they've been sending owls back and forth for a while now. Both Firehearts had tried Ron as well but he never seemed to send anything back, or he didn't receive any letters, and Harry? Well, they both knew his situation back at the Dursleys. Both twins were now laying on their beds staring at the ceiling in their shared room. "Hayden, I'm bored," Aiden whined, he heard Hayden sigh but didn't answer, although Aiden knew what that meant. Suddenly the boy sat up and stood up from his bed. Hayden lifted his head to watch his brother. "Where are you going?" The boy didn't answer and started approaching the window.

"How long do you think it'll take for an owl to deliver a letter?"

Hayden sat up straight. "I don't know, depends on how far they live, I'm assuming. Why?" He opened the window and stuck his head through, he whistled and soon after an owl landed on his windowsill, to be specific this was the family owl. Aiden quickly approached his desk and took a few treats from a box, he had it there in case he wanted to send a letter, which was a lot this summer break. "Who are you sending a letter to?" Hayden asked as he saw his brother write a quick note. Aiden rolled it up and attached it to the owl's leg. "Hermione." He answered quickly, the owl flew out the window as the boys watched closely.

"What did you write?"

Aiden turned towards his brother with a smirk. "You are asking a lot today." Hayden glared at him which made the other chuckle. Hayden stood up and walked over to his brother giving him a light shove. "If you were telling me what you were doing, I wouldn't have needed to ask."

"Just a little letter to Hermione, You'll see what later." Hayden nodded and then suddenly had a brilliant idea to tease his brother. "Didn't know writing letters cured boredom." Hayden teased him and Aiden rolled his eyes. The two brothers shared a look before they both burst into laughter, after a while of laughing the laughter died down and the two boys left their rooms and went downstairs. Once they entered their rather large kitchen they saw their father looking through the daily prophet. The twins stopped dead in their tracks. "Since when do you read that?" They asked in sync. Their father's head popped up from the paper.

"Oh, boys, nice to see you two woke up from hibernation." He said continuing to read the newspaper. The two boys rolled their eyes at him. He may be right about not leaving their room a lot, they've been inside the house most of the summer break, reading their books and playing games with each other. The only times when they went outside were when it wasn't too hot out and when they were done with everything inside the house. "Please answer our question, father," Hayden said to him. Rei chuckled before putting away the newspaper.

"Well, I picked it up this morning while visiting...let's say...an old friend." He answered rather suspiciously, the twins didn't think much of it so they dropped the thought. "Although I can't understand why people like it so much, it's rather boring," he said taking a glance at the paper, that was laying on the table. the two boys laughed.

"Father, can one of our friends come over, if she gets our letter that is," Aiden asked when the laughter died down. Their father looked at them for a moment, while the boys waited patiently. "Fine with me, you should ask your mother too." He said and the two boys nodded going out to find their mum, they searched the whole house but no sign of her, so they went to check outside and soon enough they found their mother playing with their little brother. "Mother, can a friend of ours come over." They said in sync, getting straight to the point. Alice turned towards them, shock displayed on her face. "Oh boys, didn't hear you two approaching." She said as she rolled the ball she was holding towards her youngest son. He took it and disappeared with it. The two boys didn't exactly know what Daniel would do with the ball on his own, but perhaps he would take it to Amelia, who knows?