⁰⁴ | Two New Faces

Chapter 4: 

Breakfast was nearly over, and everyone returned to what they were doing. Hermione went back to her book, and Hayden did too. The three others also continued what they were doing, which was trying to entertain themselves, just hoping the time would go by faster. In the time that they were sitting there, looking around the great hall out of boredom, Neville had moved closer to them. Aiden was the first to notice Neville, to him, it seemed the boy had something to say.

"Hi Neville, got something to say?" Aiden asked, and once he did, Ron and Harry turned towards him and Neville. Even Hermione and Hayden had looked up from their books. "Well yes..." Neville answered him, shyly. The blue-eyed boy waited for him to continue, he looked quite nervous and he didn't want to make it any worse. "Well, I want to introduce you all to my little sister..." he said softly, after a while of silence. The five friends stayed quiet for a moment, all sharing looks.

"I didn't know you had a little sister Neville..." Ron said softly. Neville didn't say anything back to Ron he just turned towards one of the other house tables, which happened to be Hufflepuff's table. "Nora! Could you come over here for a moment?" Neville asked a girl behind him. Once she turned around she smiled upon seeing her brother. The girl resembled her brother a lot, she had his green eyes and his messy brown hair, although her hair was a lot less messy. "Everyone, this is my little sister, Evanora Longbottom." Neville introduced her, with a smile. The girl politely smiled at the five friends. "It is really nice to meet you all!" She said.

"I remember hearing the name Longbottom during the sorting ceremony..." Aiden told Neville. "We both just thought it was a coincidence." Hayden finished.

"I've heard a lot about you, Lightning scar, correct?" Evanora said as she looked at Harry. The boy nodded at her and lifted his hair to show the scar, he smiled uncomfortably. "Oh, you didn't need to show me it! I was just making sure." She said with a kind smile.

"What house were you sorted in?" Hermione asked her after a while of silence.

"Aren't my robes enough-- Oh." She stopped when she realised she wasn't wearing her robes. the five friends laughed, knowing she even shared Neville's forgetfulness. "It seems I forgot my robes, well I was sorted into Hufflepuff." She answered Hermione with a bright smile. Hermione gave politely smiled back at the girl. She already started liking the younger Hufflepuff. "I have also heard of you two!" She said looking at the twins. They raised their eyebrows in confusion.

"I read this article quite a while ago, but I can never seem to forget it." She started. The twins shared a look before turning back to the brunette. "What was the article about?"

"Well, it stated that one of Alice Fireheart's books had sold about 10 million copies, which is really impressive! My brother has told me a lot about you two, and about you're sister!" Once again the twins shared a look, not sure if they understood it correctly. Their sister, the sister who was now in her fourth year? When did she speak to Neville? "Our sister Amelia?" The two boys asked in sync, Evanora only nodded happily.

"Aiden, Hayden... I don't know if she told you, but she helped me, with the leg-binding curse. She released me and even caught me before I fell onto the stone flooring."

"That's Amelia for you. Well, it was nice meeting you Evanora!" Aiden said with a smile, Hayden nodded also smiling at the girl. After they all had a little conversation with the girl she went back to her seat at the Hufflepuff table, and immediately put on the robes that hung over the benches. Hayden had gone back to reading, and Aiden had decided to read along over his shoulder.

Once they heard the signal that classes were starting they packed up and stood up, wanting to walk with Hermione to their next lesson but apparently she left the Gryffindor table so quickly that the twins didn't realise she was gone. The last thing Aiden saw her do was reading her book, which was quite normal thing for her to do. Once the twins had made it to class, Harry and Ron trailing behind them. They saw Hermione sitting in the front of the class, smiling to herself. The twins shared a look before taking a seat.