Chapter 6: Mutual Understanding?

~~~~~~~HIYORI~~~~~~~~~~

"HIYORI!"

I blinked back through my senses as I turn around to see Yato and Kofuku.

"Look who I found." He said, wrapping his arm around Kofuku, posing a peace sign innocently.

"Hi Hi Hiyorin!" Both of them exchanged glances as she made her way merrily to me.

We turned our back behind Yato before she spoke, "Listen Hiyorin..." She began, "I know Yato-chan can be quite overprotective and be crazy a lot.... but you know guys..."

I turned away to hide my blush. The hug that we had popped into my memory making me go blood rushed into my face. "But don't ignore Yato-chan Hiyorin otherwise..." She lean closer to my ear and whisper, "If you ignore him, he will disappear." I stood frozen on my spot.

I glanced at Yato who became impatient, crosses his arms over his chest.

"Oy! What are you guys talking about over there," said an impatient Yato, "Hiyori just what exactly did I do anyway?" He asked, being oblivious. He absolutely have no clue of what happened during the Sakura. When he made an indirect kiss to Bishamon.

He really is pretty drunk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came out of the shower, drying my hair when I motioned myself to bed. Sitting quietly, Kofuku's words began to play in my head.

He might disappear if they have forgotten him.

I began to ponder. Water droplets came out of my hair as it slid down to my nose as well. I was about to change when I heard noise coming from the window.

Who could it be at this time of night?

When the wind blew strongly, a figure emerged from my window.

"KYAAAAHH!!"

A wet Yato came out of the window, dripping from head to toe with his hair tied into a ponytail.

"Y-Y-Y-Yato?" I stammered when he panted. My eyes were wide opened as he was soaking wet from the rain.

"Sorry for barging in, Hiyori."

I was about to say stalker when Mom's voice called me, "Hiyori, is everything alright up there?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I responded back, "T-There's just a cockroach on the ceiling."

"Well kill it."

"I can't . It's too high up."

I sighed in relief when she stopped talking. Yato went tiringly to bed after I closed the windows. I was so busy looking for a towel for Yato, I didn't realize that I was still undressed. I handed Yato a towel which gladly accepted it in return.

I sat across on my bed, his back faced behind mine. We sat in silence while Yato washed himself off.

While he was drying his hair, I glance at him to see he was swaying his hair. The way he sways it was smoothly and swiftly which caress it to his strands of his wet black hair. I didn't know how long I was staring at him but it captured my attention.

He placed the towel on his head, "Hiyori." He spoke.

I quickly turn my back against him, not looking directly at him. I mentally sighed, hoping that he didn't see me checking him out. Gosh I hate him so much but he is so hot. Great, what am I saying. This is getting outta hand.

My body began to tense up. Me and Yato. Here in my room. Alone.. Man this isn't something that a girl would think of..

~~~~~~~~~~YATO~~~~~~~~~~

Hiyori. I can feel her body tensed up when I called her. Water started to sizzle down to the side of my face.

"You should stay away from Fujisaki." I told her, still not facing her. Hiyori slightly nudged her body towards me.

"He's bad news." I warned her. She gave me a reassuring smile. A fake smile that only made Hiyori think I would trust her with that jerk.

Hiyori sighed, "I told you Yato, I can take care of myself." She calmly answered.

"You just don't get it, do you?" I turned around to face Hiyori, who slightly flinched by my tone. Without a second thought I forcefully pushed her down on her bed.

She yelped a little by my sudden action as I fully made eye contact with her. Pressing my hands down between her bed, I gazed directly upon at her pink eyes until she calms down, to make her realize on what am I trying to say to her. We both blushed on the position we were at. Her cleavage was almost seen when I realized she's wearing a towel.

Adjusting the position, I broke the silence, "You may act tough but it doesn't mean you can handle it alone."

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I need a babysitter to tell me what I can or can't do." She whispered softly.

I gritted my teeth, moving myself closer to her, with nowhere else to go. I can sense my heart pounding faster and so did Hiyori, who's blushing madly when our noses were almost touching.

Hiyori's fingers began to tremble, trying to shake off this feeling. "Yato..." I slowly closed my eyelids as I touch her lips softly. Surprised by the sudden action, I gave it my all and she kissed me back. Her lips were so soft, every bit of it. I deepened the kiss just so she could forget Fujisaki.

This feeling for a human, who save me countless times, it's time I repay her. I removed my white t shirt, throwing it on the side on the floor and kissed her on her upper lip. I let my tongue enter into hers, asking for entrance which she challengingly accept. Can't fight this feeling, I slowly motioned my lips to her sweet pretty pale neck as I make sweet tiny kisses. She tried not to moan, but some how gave in. "Yato.." She moans my name.

"Hi...yori." I said between the kisses. I bit her neck leaving a hickey on her side. She moaned tenderly as she enjoyed the excitement much to her embarrassment. Right when I was about to get carried away, I stopped on what I'm doing and faced Hiyori, who was blushing madly and rather shocked than ever by this make-out session.

I made contact with her. "I'm sorry..."

She pressed her hand on my cheek, "Don't be..." She said softly, giving me her sweet smile.