Chapter 18: A missing piece

Hiyori POV:

I went back home and tossed the keys on the table, "I'm home."

"Hey Hiyori," a young man appeared from the kitchen. He wore a white apron and his glasses were off. I glanced at him to see what his doing when I found out he was wearing an apron.

"Hi big brother. You're cooking? That's so not like you." I replied sarcastically. I leaned against the wall, watching him make something.

And I thought he can't cook...

"Very funny Hiyori." He said, "So how's school? Its unusual for you to come this late." He placed the turn down the heater and washed his hands.

I pondered a bit, not looking at him for a moment. "It's alright. Yama and Ami are still the same as always." We both chuckled at the end, "What got you in a downer all of a sudden? Its just in the middle of August."

I smirked a bit at his response. He returned wearing his white buttoned shirt and removed his apron. He got his glasses from the counter. "Nah, Yama just made me exhausted, I guess.."

"You guess?" He raised an eyebrow,

I let out a laugh, "What else would I say?" Like hey I saw a strange boy who was alone and approached out of nowhere. Wow Hiyori what a good start.

I realized of what I just thought. I stood there, arms folded on my chest. My brother noticed my change of expression, "What's with the long face then?" He leaned across the wall as well, copying my position.

"It's nothing..." Thinking of what happened isn't going to easy. But I felt like I know that boy before.

But why can't I remember?

"I'll be in my room." I mumbled. I took my bag, that was on the table, and walked tiringly upstairs. I felt really exhausted of all that. I closed the door behind me, letting a huge sigh that was holding inside my chest.

I tried to remember of what happened just awhile ago to refresh my memory. I began to pressure myself as my head started to pop veins making it worse.

Who was that boy? How does he know my name? I know him somewhere before but why can't I remember? I repeatedly kept those questions swirling in my head. I held onto a chair for me to not loose balance in case if I faint.

Why am I so tired all of a sudden?

I let out my breath for a few minutes, getting some air. I realized that the window was opened. I gathered my strength as I walked to the window. The curtains were swaying in the wind as well. That's when I gazed to the view. Leaning my arms on the rail, I let the breeze cool my head for a moment.

It feels as if there was something that I shouldn't do. That I really have to not let that go. But why do images disappear, I wonder?

I wonder what happened before I woke up? Ever since then, I can't stop thinking about it. That dream that has been drifting into my mind made me somehow not forget. It has been stuck within me. What is it trying to tell me?