Chapter 43: It's not as easy as you think..

Hiyori's POV:

I didn't expect to be this way. My heart was in tiny pieces after seeing this. Proof was already enough for me. But to think that Yato risked everything for me and yet..he took the blame for all of it..

'Why?'. That came burying into my memory. It seemed so.. I can't put a finger up to it. But it was all so tragic. He knew that he didn't want this either..

I let myself get down on my knees, as I felt tears streaming endlessly down to my cheeks. I couldn't get the fact why. Why would he do this? My knees weakened. I felt my energy betrayed me. I couldn't even speak neither move. It took affect on me. My strength somehow drained.

My chest started to ache. It hurts.. So much.

"He never wanted to do this. Why would he do such a thing..?". My voice began to tremble with agony as my heart stopped beating for just a second.

"He wanted to protect you. You see Yato, either, doesn't want you to get hurt. He was actually imprisoned for getting too close on the Near Shore." Anon's voice slowly let me rise up, facing him.

"You saw what he did. He cannot afford to lose you again. After everything you've done, he wanted to return your favor.."

I stared down on the floor, looking nothing but black upon me. I thought at first I would have a good life. I was so happy. So happy that I get to spent time with them.

"I never wanted this..." My eyes were covered from my bangs, unable to believe the truth. "Yato doesn't want to be forgotten Hiyori. He's doing this not only for his sake but for you as well..." His calm demeanor slowly ascended my soul.

He bent down for him to make contact with me. He lifted gently my chin as he wore that same smile. "Even so, Yato loves you Hiyori and you know it. If it weren't for you, Yato would still bury himself to his past."

I listened to his words. He somehow wanted to help me. Even though they weren't in good terms but.. "Why are you helping me..?" I slowly stated.

He smirked. "I'm doing this cuz I wanted to.." Somehow at the back of my mind, I can hear his thoughts saying that's he doing it for my sake. I don't intend to tell him because it's almost obvious.

Out of the blue, I felt heat rise up to my cheeks. Anon noticed and chuckled. "You okay?" "Huh?"

I avoided his gaze. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine.." I let out a nervous laugh, regaining my strength.

He stretched his hand, helping me get up as I took it in return. He used his free hand, wiping my tears off of my face. "Don't cry. We wouldn't want him to see you all messed up." His voice soothed me.

Calming down, I mumbled a thanks to him. "You know, you weren't such a bad guy after all.."

Anon raised an eyebrow. "You thought I was?" He act as if he's hurt.

"Well, you did stalk me around." I said. My face started to brightened up a little.

He chuckled. "Listen Hiyori.." I looked up to him. "...don't let that get to you. Whatever happens to him, don't forget it was you who changed the way he is right now. He doesn't have the guts to say it because--"

"They might do something to him. And...to me...as well.." I finished his sentence. I sighed from the stress. I gripped my sleeve a bit.

What exactly are they going to do with him? Yato has been through hell ever since and now he wants to change for the better.