Chapter 34: Lost in your words

"Hey Yato, I told you that we have to go already! What's taking you so long?". Yukine's voice echoed through my ears as his footsteps grew louder and louder until he reached towards me.

He stopped talking when he saw me standing alone, motionless. "Oy, Yato. The hell's wrong with you?" He walked in front of me as he saw me. He stopped as he studied my face. It was nothing but a blank expression. He couldn't figure it out at first when he reached to my eyes, the first he could guess was that it is, 'Empty'.

Nothing else he couldn't express.
Yukine began to look around as if something's missing. "Hey, where did Hiyori go?" He simply asked. The minute he mentioned her name, I flinched a bit, gritting my teeth in frustration.

I shrugged it off before he could even notice. "She's took off." I replied blankly. He took it back as he looked back glaring at me. "Huh? The hell did you do to her you bastard?!" He grabbed my collar as I just stood there, not fighting back. "What kind of God are you? You left her for weeks and now you done it again?!". Yukine clenched his teeth, gripping my clothing even harder.

"Do you have any idea of how Hiyori was hurt that time you disappeared? I didn't even realize it at first. But what hidden beneath her smile was that she had been enduring the pain. She couldn't even tell me because she doesn't want me to worry.".

I stared at him. His orange eyes pierced against mine made him even more furious, "Did you even know that she lost her memory and yet she almost completely forgotten about you?!"

"What?!" I took it back by his words. Hiyori lost her memory?

He too was shocked at his words but then continued. "See? You don't even know that she had lost her memory? Where were you the whole time huh? Where were you hiding for the past weeks?!!" He shouted, angered became visible into his eyes. His body grew more solid as he took his anger out.

"It's no wonder why she isn't being herself.."

I looked at Yukine. I couldn't help but be guilty for all of this. It's all my fault. I couldn't even keep her promise. I left her. And also...

I hurt her..

"Yukine.." "You know sometimes I really wanted to punch the hell outta ya, ya know!" His voice raised even more.

"Then go ahead." I commanded him.

Yukine gritted his teeth once more as he threw a massive punch right through my face as I fell down the floor.

A loud crash was heard as Kofuku and Daikoku were downstairs, surprised of the sudden incident. "Yatty!" Kofuku spoke, helping me up. I coughed out blood as Daikoku glared at Yukine who is breathing heavily. His eyes never left mine.

"What the hell Yukine?!" Daikoku shouted. Yukine panted. "Why don't you ask Mr. Hot shot over there..!" He kept on glaring at me.

I panted. "Don't worry Daikoku. This is nothing.". I wiped the blood on the corner of my mouth.

"How could you be so cold huh? Do you have any idea that Hiyori was waiting for you while you were gone? If you didn't disappear like that, then Hiyori wouldn't be like this!" Yukine growled.

"It's because of you that Hiyori has been bothered lately ever since you left." Yukine's voice echoed as it bounced on the room.

The only thing that was heard was the wind blowing strongly on our surroundings as the leaves scattered quickly.

"Yukki..." Kofuku mumbled. He stopped himself from getting violent. "Tch!"

"That's enough! Both of you!" Daikoku interrupted. "If you wanna keep on fighting, then fine. But what if Hiyori shows up, would she be okay with this..?" He remarked.

We both stood still for a moment as we forgot about her. "If it weren't for her, you guys wouldn't be here by now."

"..."

I got up silently as I shoved my hands into my pockets.

"Yatty..?"

"I'm gonna go look for her."

Heading for the door, I stopped for a second. "Yukine." He looked up, a little pissed off. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble. All of you..." I apologized quietly, still calm after all of this.

"Don't say sorry to me dumbass..Tell that to her..!" He told me.

I paused for a minute. "Would you still forgive me if I tell you everything..? Including her?"

He remained silent. I can hear his fist clenched. "Even if I did, I won't forgive you the next time you try to hurt her again.". His voice sounded pretty deep yet calm as I can feel his glare behind my back.

"She also said something else..." I turned towards them before I slid open the door. I was about to speak but Daikoku cut me off, "We know. We heard everything." My eyes widened a bit.

Kofuku stepped closer. "If you really do love her, then go after her." She said softly, curling her hands into a ball and placing it onto her chest. "Tell her before it's too late..." My cheeks fluttered when she said that.

"..I have a feeling that she is hiding something, too." Her words have reached my ears, warning me like something triggered at the back of my mind.

Kofuku gave me a warm smile as I silently returned it. I opened the door and went to look for her.

The chills on my body became unease of me.

What hidden beneath her smile was that she had been enduring the pain..!

Yukine's words kept on replaying inside my head. It won't stop unless it lets me figure out the answer.

I think we should keep our distance for now.

That's when it really hit me.

I ran faster, ignoring the exhaustion on my lungs as I huffed my breath out. I need to find to her soon. I kept on running even though my chest feels heavy, I can't think of that right now.

Those words made me wonder. The tone of her voice. The way she said it. Even though I can't tell her right away, I can sensed there was more to that. If Hiyori did lose her memory, then it wasn't me who she's worried about. But what?

Then when I remembered awhile ago when I woke up, she was beside me. She was terrified.

Who could've done this to her?

I grew more angry as I pick up the pace, searching high and low for Hiyori, but no luck. I wandered aimlessly around the city but she's nowhere to be found.

Ever since she confessed her feelings at the Sakura tree and when I asked her to be my girlfriend, her behavior was strange. She was hesitating. She wasn't looking at me properly.

The kind of Hiyori I know is always brave and strong. And also willing to fight. Hiyori is not the type of girl who would back down so easily. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't be here. She would be happy if she accepts my offer. I cannot lose her again..!

Something is wrong..

I can sensed her. Her energy was not that far. It was strong enough to track her. My heart kept on beating faster. If my hunch is right, I hope she is in that place.

I hope I'm not too late..