INVITED

Jimin was squinting at Nayeon, shaking his head and sighing once in a while. He was in her bedroom, while she was posing with every pretty outfit she bought yesterday at the mall.

She rolled her eyes when she looked at Jimin's displeased look, throwing her fluffy red skirt on the bed. Why did she even care to ask when she knew Jimin would cancel everything?

They are going to Hoseok's house in the evening because he invited them over for dinner. This got Nayeon too excited because Hobi insisted her to come, giving her a rose as an invitation. And of course, she went to shopping and bought three pair of dresses for the dinner.

It was hard to choose between many pretty dresses with beautiful patterns. And so, she bought all the dresses she liked. But she couldn't wear all at once and asked for her so called best friend's help in choosing the best fit.

Giving upon Jimin's approval, she chose a shiny sky-blue blouse to pair with a white flowy skirt and pushed her best friend out of her room to get ready. After a while Nayeon came out of her room dressed in the outfit she chose, looking like a doll and smiling wide.

"You do know, Jungkook's going to be there too. Right?" Jimin uttered when he saw her twirling in her mini skirt. She stopped in her moments and looked at the male, her smile vanishing at his words.

He knew that he was being harsh on her, with his words, but she needs to face the truth, however. He doesn't want his best friend to be hurt like every time. She should know and understand that it's not okay to dream of something impossible.

"Jimin, I know that, but-" Jimin didn't let her finish, shaking his head, interrupting before she could finish with her stupid reasons. He knew what she is going to say. Probably something like, 'I don't see what's wrong with fantasizing', and it's not okay to do. She is going to hurt herself.

"No, Yeonnie! Hobi hyung likes him."

"I'm aware of tha-"

"You should be! Because he talks to you a lot, about him, all the time and because you become sad every time, you should keep these in your mind, Yeonnie." He stated firmly and Nayeon sighed in defeat.

"I'll be careful, not to fall." she said, looking down as she mumbled the last part to herself.

Jimin came to her, hugging the girl to comfort her. She smiled to her best friend as she hugged him back, he is always worried about her. Her eyes fell on the vase that's placed on the table with a single rose in it, Hobi gave it to her. She closed her eyes when she felt a string of tears threatening to brim at corner.

____

They waited on the porch for the door to open, after ringing the bell twice, and a minute later Hobi came running down to welcome the guests inside. He smiled upon seeing both his friends, opening the door for them.

"Hey, hyung" Jimin gave him a small hug as the also returned the gesture and turned to the girl beside him.

"Hi Nayeon" He patted the girl's head as she also wished him, handing him a fruit basket and a wine bottle they brought.

He invited them inside, walking through the small hallway into a large living room. They followed him inside, looking around his house in awe.

It was themed in all cream and chocolate brown, the furniture, walls and everything. There are potted plants in every free corner of the room and more plants were neatly arranged on either side of a large window. Opposite to it was a small wooden staircase leading upstairs of other three rooms, probably bedrooms. Beside the stairs was a big kitchen with dining included. It was serene and cozy.