36

Joseph's POV

I was so scared to admit those words to Eden. The fear had completely taken over me to the point where I had thought of letting her go. I didn't think I'd ever be able to tell her those words with how free-spirited she is. She has so much more in her life to accomplish and she's already done so much, and according to her, it's not even the beginning yet.

I've become more capable of explaining my feelings to her. Every night, I make her listen to her own song and dissect her own lyrics, showing her how I relate to them. We are both just two people who are searching for the thrilling parts of life, and we seem to find that perfectly with each other. I didn't expect her to say she loved me, especially before I even said it to her. Right after she spoke the words for me I was unable to stop repeating them over and over to her. The relief I felt from finally getting it out was euphoric.

We haven't told anyone. I think our craziness and spontaneity remains between the both of us, where we can flourish in it more.

I didn't think I'd ever find somebody who was as held back yet so straight forward than me. It's hard trying to compile my thoughts into words, but she did it for me without even knowing.

Her entire project has blown up, too. She's spoken everyone else's feelings that they weren't able to put into words. She's created such an amazing fan base that almost relies on her words to feel. She gives them words while they give her the courage to speak about them even more. It always seems to amaze me how easy it is for her to come out of her shell with a simple push from others. I know it gets to her at times; she regrets coming out too much with her words in music.

I guess that's why Overkill became so big.

Her role in the show has started to become second in priories. She's constantly flying out to Los Angeles for meetings and small interviews with different people. I flew out with her the first few times due to her nerves, but now she feeds off of it. It drives her to work harder and stay consistent doing what she loves. Her performance on the show definitely makes up for her absence, though.

We're all here in Atlanta again. The main cast filmed their scenes at the 'Wheeler' house, including Eden. They try to accommodate with her schedule by shoving in as much filming as they can throughout the day. We ended up filming most of the scenes there within days.

"She should be landing soon, you wanna come with to get her?" Jo nudges me on the shoulder to get my attention. I snap out of my daze and wipe away the fake hair that feels melted on my face from the heat.

"Yeah, sure." I nod with a smile. He gives a thumbs up and walks away back to his trailer.

My makeup artist soon comes in to take off all of this mess. I sometimes feel sorry for her at the end of the day, I know the wig isn't the best smelling thing from all the sweat. I make sure she knows I feel remorseful by apologizing multiple times. Once she's finished, I pack up my things for the day and head to Jo's trailer so we can leave.

"All set?" Jo asks, grabbing all his things.

"Do you think she's happy?" I say, not realizing my internal monologue became my external one.

Jo pauses in his movements as do I, wincing at my own words. I close my eyes to avoid seeing his reaction and sit on the nearest chair so I don't collapse. This heat along with my heavy mind aren't compatible together. Coupled with the fact I haven't eaten and it's nearly 6 pm probably doesn't help.

"Why? Do you think she's not happy?" His tone is defensive and I don't blame him.

I wave my hand quickly in defense, wishing I could just go back and time to reverse this.