41

London Day 4

I barely slept last night, but it felt like the morning came quick. My mind was running a marathon that I couldn't seem to complete.

With the energy I still had, I decided to order us some breakfast from somewhere different than the hotel. I had it delivered to the lobby and came back to our room to get everything set up. I need to just calm down and enjoy the day. I have a feeling Joseph is going to be extra affectionate, which I don't mind.

The smell of the food made him wake up almost instantly. I set out plates for us that I washed the day before and started preparing the food.

"No room service this morning?" He asks, I can already hear the smile on his face.

I find it in me to laugh even with the exhaustion pouring over me.

"I found a breakfast place down the street that delivered. It sounded good. Smells good, too." I reply.

I take the food from the to-go boxes and onto the plate, serving everything to him before he can even get out of bed. It feels nice to cater to others, especially when they've been catering to you the entire time. He smiles and takes his first bite as soon as the plate meets his lap.

"Hmm, it is really good." He mumbles.

I grab my food and sit beside him on the bed, leaning back against the headboard.

We finish our breakfast in silence and started to get ready for the day. I have no idea what our plans are, but I feel like I should start writing again. I know this trip is suppose to be away from working but I can't help but to think about all the work I'll have to do when I'm back home. The holidays are also approaching and I don't even know what my plans are for that. I hope Joseph doesn't have the impression that I'm spending them with his family. That would send me into cardiac arrest, respectfully.

"You're making a mess." I hear Joseph say from the door way of the bathroom. I look down to see what he's talking about, there's a pool of water sitting at my feet.

I turn the nob off and allow the water to drain a little. I start to grab a towel to clean the floor but he beats me to it, down on his knees drying up the mess I didn't even realize I was making.

"I guess I zoned out." I laugh in embarrassment.

He shrugs it off and leaves the towel to soak the rest of the water while we both get ready. I try to rush my routine in the bathroom so I can get out of here. I feel like my tiredness is showing and I don't want him asking questions.

It's a bit warmer out today for me to finally wear a skirt. It's on the lighter side, breathable. I couple it with a sweater just in case I overestimate the wind.

Joseph takes extra long in the bathroom today. I don't seem to care, though. I take the time to clean up from breakfast and make the bed. I start to recollect the events from last night as I ruffle around with the blankets.

The way he touched me.

The way he looked at me.

The way he talked to me.

The way he felt.

I throw everything off the bed along with my thoughts. I close my eyes to take a breather and hear the bathroom door latch open. I grab the comforter again and act like I was fluffing it out; it worked.

With the bed perfectly made, it's time to figure out what to do for the day. It doesn't seem like either of us have any ideas.

"How about we venture out of London today?" Joseph suggests, tying his shoelaces.