Epilogue 2

~3 years later~

I breathe in the fall air, crisp leaves falling around my body. The ground is soft from a recent rain but it's dry enough to lay on. The sunset has never looked better.

"Don't they say this is the most romantic place in the world?" I ask into the air.

I've recently started my world tour, I never imagined I'd make it to here. The U.S leg of the tour ended about a month ago. I now lay on the foreign soil of Paris, France.

I thought traveling to London was a big step for me, but now I'll be visiting most of the world.

"That's what I've heard."

I want to close my eyes to soak in the moment but it would take away the last precious seconds I had with this sunset. It gleams a bright red-ish purple behind the Eiffel Tower.

This city is oddly quiet, even though it's later in the day. I've never been to a city this quiet so far.

"I would think of a place more private. Like an island." I say.

A hum of deep thought vibrates from beside me. It warms me from the now cold of the evening. Fall time here is almost perfect weather for me. I thrive in it.

"Let's go to an island, then."

I turn my head to the voice, not holding back a smile.

"I'd like that." I say, reveling in the moment.

"I'll take it, but only if you can do something for me." I say with no sign of shakiness or reluctance in my voice. I've been waiting for this for too long.

"I'll take it.. if you can ask me to finally be your girlfriend."

He shutters in his place, instantly uncomfortable with my request. I knew it was too harsh of an ultimatum. I wasn't even sure if he had moved on already. I thought I had myself until now.

"Eden.. I-"

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that. I've had so much on my mind recently and I jus-"

He steps toward me in a rush, like we were short on time. He takes his next breath with mine, placing his lips softly onto my own.

"When's the next show again?"

"This weekend. I get the week off to explore. Alexia insisted." I say.

Alexia has been my tour manager. She's been a dream to work with. Her focus on both me and the shows have been nothing short of unorganized. She tries to give me some time to explore in every city.

"How kind of her."

"I'm sorry for waiting this long." He says, wrapping me into his arms.

My heart bursts into flames with no plan to burn out.

"Please don't do it if you don't mean it." I say, letting myself go.

He breathes me in, squeezing tighter until letting go to face me again.

"I've always wanted to do this, I just never had the courage. You've given me the courage, Eden."

"Will you be my girlfriend, Eden Sparks?"

Joseph's eyes still remain on the sunset in front of us, it reflects off of his dark eyes.