46

Sara and I drove home in silence last night. After I had come back from blacking out, I realized how big of a mistake I made.

I remember apologizing to the girl, rushing into the car, and taking off. Nothing could've saved me from the embarrassment besides running away from the situation.

Oh god, there were so many people recording.

I avoided looking at my phone all morning. Jo woke up about an hour after me, oblivious to the events that took place while he was sleeping.

"Morning." He spoke groggily.

I sat at the dining room table, trying to stomach down a few bites of pancake that I made. I made sure to whip up the entire box for everyone to enjoy. My right hand was shaky as I took each bite, my fist pulsing angrily.

Jo made a plate and sat across from me. I bring my injured hand down to my lap and used the other one to eat. I was struggling just as hard considering I'm not left handed.

"I'm already packed up and ready to go. Could you drive me to the airport?" He asks with a full mouth.

I look at the clock on the stove and saw there was another 2 hours before that would be. That gives me plenty of time to fix my black and blue knuckles.

"Yeah, that's fine." I mutter, shoving another bite into my mouth.

Awkward silence took over the kitchen as we both finished off our plates. I went to grab Jo's plate to clean up, not even thinking about my hand.

"Holy shit, what happened to you?" He stood up and instantly inspected my hand.

I sigh, carrying the plates over to the sink before explaining. There's no way I can get out of this with a lie.

"Sara had me pick her up from that party last night. Apparently some kids were causing trouble with her, and I had to step in." I shrug, brushing it off.

Jo rests his hands on his hips motherly, waiting for further explanation.

"Cmon, Jo. It's no big deal. I'm sure everyone forgot about it considering the fact that alcohol was involved." I justify.

He doesn't say another word, just disappears up the steps. It wasn't a storming off kind of exit, more like he was going to grab something.

Shit, his phone.

He comes back downstairs shortly and already has what he needs to show me right on the screen. This is exactly what I've been avoiding all morning, and planned to avoid for the rest of the week.

"You didn't think that people were going to record it? That was probably their plan the whole time, Eden!" He snaps.

I roll my eyes, swatting his phone away from my face. I decide to walk away from it just as I did last night. It's too early for this anyways.

"I'm sure Drew and everyone else in the world is getting ahold of you. This isn't good for your image." He calls from behind me.

I rage up the stairs with his footsteps following close behind.

"I don't need this right now, Jo. It's gonna blow over in the next few days." I say.

I grab my phone from under my pillow once I enter my room. Jo was right about everybody texting me. 10 missed calls from Drew as well. I groan annoyingly and face plant onto my bed.

"What did they do, Eds?" He asked, sitting on the bed next to me.

I lift myself up and switch to lay on my back, staring blankly up at the ceiling.