5: father from hell

"We've only known each other for 1 day, but we're already as close as if we've known each other for a long time," Sunoo said to himself. He put his head on the table while thinking about Han. Ignoring the book on the table, he couldn't focus on his studying right now.

"I wish she could live here with me," he said.
Sunoo lived alone in that big house. During the night, the aura became even darker because he didn't turn on all the lamps in the house, except his room.

"I wonder what she's doing now? Ugh, I forgot to ask for her phone number," Sunoo mumbled, messing up his hair, unable to focus on anything except thinking about her. "I hope you come tomorrow too. You protected me well." Sunoo fell asleep while sitting, putting his head on the table.

•••

"Fuck! I lose again," he shouted. "Give us the money! You shouldn't play if you're going to lose," they laughed. Han was about to get into her house, but after hearing her stepfather gambling again with his friends, she stops.

"Poor bastard, wasting his life," mumbled Han, then rode her motorcycle back to go somewhere. She hates her stepfather, but she couldn't do anything about it, accepting that she lives in the same house with him.

Han rode her motorcycle to the beach, enjoying the cold air while hearing the sounds of ocean waves. She's been through so much in her life. At the age of 14 years old back then, she almost lost her life because of her stepfather.

Her stepfather stabbed her in the stomach just because her mother didn't give him money. His life was lucky for not being in jail. The scar is still there, and her body is full of scars because her stepfather kept abusing her when he was in anger.

She slowly learned martial arts by herself at a young age just to keep herself alive. "I hate this world so much. Why do bad people exist in this world? What do they do in this world?" she asked in frustration.

It's already in the middle of the night, but she doesn't want to go back home if her father is still with his friends. Han yawns sleepily; she really wants to sleep now. "Oh my god, should I just sleep here?" Han looks around her, but there are no benches at all to lie on.

"But it's cold here." Han hugs herself in the cold. Suddenly, something was coming into her mind. "Is he still awake?" Han looks at her phone; the time shows it's 1.34 AM. "No, I guess."

"I should just wait here then?" Han sneezes many times but still holds herself to wait there.
"It's cold..." her body starts shaking from the cold. "Ugh, I have no choice." Han rides her motorcycle to go back to Sunoo's house, that's the only option.

She has no choice but to sleep there, just for one night. When she arrives, Han hesitates to ring the doorbell. She doesn't want to disturb his sleep. "Come on, Han. It's urgent, so no need to feel embarrassed," she persuades herself.

She then wants to click the doorbell, but the door is already open by Sunoo. "What are you doing here? It's late already," Sunoo asks.
Han scratches her neck awkwardly to explain the reason. "Actually, uhm... can I sleep here?" she says hesitantly.

"Sure, come in." Just like that, Sunoo tells her to come in without asking any reason because that's what he wants. Han follows behind Sunoo, and suddenly, he stops, making her almost bump into his back. He turns around to look at her.

"You said you don't want to live with me here just because we're a boy and a girl?" Sunoo asks. "Well, we are friends, right? So, why not?" she replies. "Tch, whatever. Follow me." Han follows him to go upstairs.

"Here's your room; you should take a bath first before going to sleep," he says while opening the bedroom door. "Where is your room?" she asks curiously. "There's my room." Sunoo points to his room, which is only beside this room. Han nods in understanding.

"Just call me if you need anything," said him. "Okay, I'm sorry for disturbing your night," Han replies. He nods, meaning he's fine with it.
"But how did you know I'm coming?" she asks curiously. "Your motorcycle sound, it's too loud."

"Oh, really? Sorry about that." Han laughs awkwardly. "Bye, sleep well," wish him, something about tonight make it special. "You too, good night." Han ends up sleeping in someone's house that she only knows for just one day.

are you for real gonna swape next chapter without voting? :)