23: Jake not yours

"What's wrong with Sunoo? I talked to him before, but he seems to ignore me," Jake asked curiously. "You don't know what happened to his friend?" replied Myah. Jake shook his head, indicating he knows nothing. "We should give Sunoo time not to disturb him; his close friend is now a suspect in a murder case," explain Myah.

"Oh, I see," replied Jake casually. However, it makes Myah stunned that Jake knows nothing about any gossip in this school. He surely doesn't want to talk or think bad about people. Both of them eat together while talking about each other. "Oh, the mayonnaise was on your lips," Jake quickly wipes it with his thumb. Myah is frozen in blushing, this man must responsible right now. Once again, her heart beats faster.

"Does he need to do this? Please, don't torture my heart like this!" said her inner voice. She then puts her face away and wipes it with a tissue. "Oh, sorry, I made you uncomfortable," said Jake when he saw Myah put her face away. "No, it's not like that. I'm just embarrassed for not eating properly," replied Myah, not wanting him to feel bad about her actions earlier.

"Excuse me for a while; I want to go to the toilet," Jake leaves Myah alone at the table to go to the toilet. "Okay," Myah avoids the eye contact, feeling like screaming after what just happened. Jake needs to control his behavior sometimes. Suddenly, a group of girls comes closer to her and throws Myah's food tray on the floor. Her food is scattered everywhere. Myah looks at them in confusion.

"Are you the one who seduces my Jake?" asks one of the girls with a cold gaze. "Huh? What do you mean, seduce him?" Myah didn't seduce anyone, including Jake. She likes him, but she hasn't done anything to make him like her.

"Bitch, don't pretend you don't know anything. We all see it," says another girl. "I think you guys got the wrong person. I'm not seducing anyone," Myah tries to leave from there, but they stop her. "It's obvious you are. As usual, a white girl acts like a prostitute. Go back to your country!" one of them raises her voice.

Myah is offended by her words. Did they assume a white girl is a prostitute? Her mom is Korean, so she basically is Korean too. She couldn't understand it; Jake is also foreign. The misogyny towards her is obvious, being treated differently.

"What? You told me to go back to my country? Can I bring your Jake too? He is also from Australia like me," replied Myah, trying to annoy them. "What?! Girl, know your place, okay?" She starts to pull Myah's hair. Myah also pulls her hair, and everyone watches them in chaos. "What are you doing? Let go of my hair!" she says.

"You're the one who let go; you pulled my hair first!" replied Myah. However, both of them still don't let go of each other's hair. The more her friends pull Myah away to release her hair, the more Myah pulls her hair stronger. Just see who is going to go bald after this battle.

Jake comes back from the toilet and sees the cafeteria in chaos. He thought it was someone else fighting, so he didn't want to interfere. But when he saw it was Myah, he comes closer to stop them. "Hey, what's with you guys?" Jake tries to stop them.

The girl suddenly fake cries to ask for Jake's sympathy. "Jake oppa, look, she pulled my hair first," she points at Myah with her ugly face, pretending to cry. "You're the one who pulled my hair first! Saying I should go back to my country. Why? Did you fight yourself against colonists to get this country?!" Myah raises her voice in anger.

"See, Jake oppa, she's so creepy," she still sticks beside Jake in a clingy way. Myah wants to slap her face for making that fake sad face. "Don't you dare disturb me again," warns Myah to the girls when Jake doesn't say anything to back her up. She walks away, leaving all of them behind.

thanks for voting!