8: let me take the punishment for you

"I hear someone outside!" said Han. She runs to the door and knocks it loudly to signal that there are people locked inside. "Open this door! We're locked in!" she shouts while knocking on the door loudly. And it seems like the door is being unlocked. The door opens, and the person sees Han and Sunoo inside.

"Oh, so it's you..." Han sighs when she finds out that the person is Riki. "What? What about me?" he asks in confusion. Han walks closer to him, making Riki step back. He doesn't realize that his back is against the wall, and he can't step back further.

"I know it's you. Why did you do that?" she asks in a cold way, staring straight into his soul. "Did what?! Step aside!" Riki pushes her aside, not understanding what she's talking about. Han then grabs his hand and puts him back against the wall, locked him with both of her hands. Riki is shocked by her sudden action and his heart beats fast because of that.

"I know you're the one who locked—"

"What are both of you doing there?! Follow me to the counseling room now!" A teacher catches them during class hours. "Ah, shit," curses Riki. Sunoo is still inside the sports store, so the teacher doesn't see him. However, Han signals him not to come out until the teacher leaves.

•••

"Tell me what both of you are doing there during class hours. Aren't you supposed to be in class at this time?" the teacher asks strictly. "He locked us— I mean, he locked me in the sports storage for hours," says Han. "I told you it's not me!"

"I know it's you! I've been watching you disturb me these days."

"Disturb you? You think you're a that pretty that I lock my eyes on?"

"Then, what are you doing outside the sports storage?"

"Because I'm going to sleep—" Riki almost slips his words. He went there just to sleep, only to find out someone locked inside. What's worse is being accused of something he didn't do. "Yeah, tell me the truth. Why?" asks Han again to provoke him. "Stop it! Then what about you? Why were you inside the sports store?"

"Are you dumb? Someone told me to pick up the volleyball for my PE class, and then suddenly someone locked me in there."

"That doesn't make sense." said Riki in annoyed. "Doesn't make sense? Sir, look, I'm telling the truth. He locked me in the sports storage."

"It's not me!"

"Stop lying!"

"STOP!" the teacher shouts when they bicker non-stop, as if his existence isn't there. "I don't want to hear anything from both of you. From what I see, you both have no manners to respect my existence here. Stay here and write, 'I promise not to escape class again,' repeating until there is no space on this paper."

"Get it? Do it now!" he shouts in frustration, then leaves both of them. Both of them sigh as soon as he leaves, giving each other a cold stare. "If you didn't accuse me, this wouldn't have happened," says Riki slowly. "And if you didn't lock me in there, this wouldn't have happened," replies Han slowly too.

"You are totally not my type, never and wouldn't be." Han slams her pen hard on the table upon hearing that. "I swear I want to kill you now. You better shut up your mouth while I finish this shit," she says in frustration.

Riki rolls his eyes and continues to sleep instead of doing the punishment. "Cool? More like a fool," he whispers slowly.

•••

Riki wakes up and sees Han is not in the room anymore. "I guess she's done with her punishment already," he says. He takes his paper and wants to finish up his punishment too. He doesn't want to stay in that counseling room for too long.

But suddenly, he sees his paper is full of handwritten curses and something funny about him. "An idiot would forever a idiot?"

"Damn, this girl gets on my nerves for real," he lets out a deep sigh while closing his eyes. "Just wait there. I'll do something later." he keeps a grudge into Han for doing that.

•••

A school bell rings, signaling the end of the school hours. Sunoo, who saw Han from afar, walks closer towards her. "Han, are you okay?" he approaches her. "Not really. Ugh, he is so annoying," replies Han while thinking about that annoying Riki.

"Who?" asks Sunoo. "I don't know, that boy I saw talking with you two times."

"Riki?"

"I don't care about his name; all I know is I hate him."

"What did he say to you that makes you this mad?" asks Sunoo curiously. "I know he is the one that locked us because I cursed him that time."

"And that ridiculous teacher; I already explained everything yet he still punishes me," she says, annoyed. "Right? Why did you tell me not to get involved? I don't care about being punished too."

"It's okay, I don't want you to be accused of escaping," replies her. Sunoo smiles hearing that, feel like Han care about him. Suddenly, they saw Riki, standing in front of them not far away, giving them a cold stare.

"See, that bastard again," says Han. She is not scared of him at all and keeps walking as if nothing happened. "You think I'll let you go just like that?" Riki stops them. "Bet you? What are you gonna do then? Hit me? Okay, then. I'm good with that," provokes her.

She smirks when Riki is left speechless. They continue walking past him. "Thank you for locking both of us. I had a great time with her," whispers Sunoo to Riki, then pats his shoulder. Riki confused by Sunoo's actions and the bold side he never show before.

thanks for voting!