10: a new student

"Bye, Sunoo. See you tomorrow!" Han waved her hand to Sunoo saying goodbye before leaving, but he just ignored her. "Huh, is he mad?..." mumbled Han as she rode her motorcycle. "It's okay, maybe he'll be okay tomorrow."

"That Riki bastard, he always causes problems in my life," said Sunoo, throwing his bags harshly on the sofa. Sunoo screaming to let out his anger that he had been holding in since then. "How dare he take her from me..." Sunoo stared at the wall sharply, as if he wanted to kill someone.

•••

"Sunoo, morning! Let's—" Han was approaching Sunoo as always, but he just walked past her as if she wasn't there. "What did I do wrong? Did I say something offensive to him?" Han wondered. "That's what I felt," mumbled Sunoo, walking to his classroom after ignoring Han's existence.

"Good morning, class. Today we have a new student," said the teacher in Sunoo's class. Everyone started making noise, excited about the newcomer. "Boy or girl?"

"Hope that person is attractive!" Sunoo rolled his eyes, uninterested. It's not something he must care about after what happened yesterday. "Okay, please introduce yourself to everyone."

"Hello, my name is Park Myah. I'm from Australia. Hope everyone can help with my Korean; I still need to improve it." She received applause in the class after introducing herself. "Oh, she's really pretty!"

"I want to be her friend so bad!"

"So, Park Myah, you can sit behind Kim Sunoo," the teacher instructed. "Oh, which one?" She didn't know who Sunoo was, so she was a bit confused. "There, Sunoo! Raise your hand," said the teacher. Sunoo raised his hand awkwardly when his name was mentioned loudly.

"Hello, I'm Park Myah," she whispered to Sunoo as soon as she sat behind him. "I know, you just told everyone before," replied Sunoo in a cold tone, he's really not in the mood right now. "Oh, sorry about that." She kept herself quiet after feeling embarrassed.

•••

"Sunoo—" Sunoo quickly left the classroom during lunch hour, ignoring Myah's attempts to call him. He walked to Han's classroom, wanting to rest with her. "Han—" he stopped when he saw Han with Riki.

Both of them were laughing and playing together. They both look so happy. He clenched his fists in anger. "I thought you'd feel a bit guilty at least. Yeah, all people are just the same."

"Their words can't be trusted."

"Sunoo, can I know where we should buy food?" asked Myah suddenly from behind. "There." Sunoo just pointed with his finger without giving detailed directions. "There... can you bring me to there?" she asked, since she new here. She doesn't know anything about this school.

Sunoo holding his anger after seeing Han and Riki, he doesn't want to let out to anyone. "Let's follow me." Sunoo sighed, having no choice but to show her the direction. "Okay!" She excitedly followed him from behind.

•••

"Here you can buy the food; I'm going back to class," said Sunoo, then wanted to walk away, but his hand was being grab by her. "Can you wait and accompany me? I have no friends yet, so I'm shy enough to go there alone." begging her.

"You surely would make friends if you go alone," replied Sunoo. "But I'm more comfortable with you." replied Myah to convince him. "Aren't you hungry? I'll pay for your food." She still didn't give up.

"I have my own money too, no need for that," replied him in annoyed. "Please, just this once. I still don't get used to walking alone on my first day," she begged. Sunoo really doesn't want to do this but he's not that cruel yet.

"Fine..." Sunoo let out a heavy sigh. Myah smiled in excitement when he finally agreed even though he seems force. "Oh, that's Sunoo..." Han saw Sunoo walk into the cafeteria; she wanted to approach him, but she saw him with someone else.

"Who is she?" she mumbled, that was heard by Riki, who sat beside her. "Hm? Oh, she's a new student," replied Riki while eating his food. "Oh, that's why he's ignoring me..."

"Let's go to the cyber cafe after school," told Riki, trying to distract Han for not bothering about Sunoo. But Han didn't respond to him because she was keep thinking about Sunoo after what she seeing.

•••

"Thank you for accompanying me to buy food just now! Ugh, I'm so nervous being watched by everyone," Myah said to start the conversation to make Sunoo comfortable with her, but Sunoo just kept himself quiet. "By the way, Sunoo, don't you have any friends here?"

"I'm not trying to offend you, but I saw you always by yourself." Sunoo stopped his walking steps. "Maybe no one wants to be my friend," replied Sunoo. "What do you mean? I want to be your friend!"

"Not when you know about me."

"Do I look like someone who cares about someone's background? I'm okay being friends with everyone." assuring her, doesn't want Sunoo feel bad about himself. "Someone had said that too before, only to end up leaving me alone after found a new friend." Sunoo walked away, leaving Myah behind, she lost for words heard that.

"Hm, no wonder he is always alone," mumbled her, probably judge by Sunoo attitude right now.

consider a voting bae <33