13: end of cold war

Myah, sensing that Sunoo and Han needed some time alone to resolve their issues, she decided to leave them to it, hoping they get along well with the chance they having right now. "Sunoo, I'm going back to my classroom. Bye! See you later," she informed Sunoo.

"But your uniform... it's dirty," Sunoo pointed it out. Just how can she still can smile after what happened. "Ay, it's okay. I can clean it later," Myah reassured him with a cheerful smile, so Sunoo wouldn't worry about her.

"You can borrow my uniform if you want?" Han offered, she also worried since people around was quietly talking about her dirty uniform. "Oh! It's okay, no need for that," Myah politely declined, maybe still feeling a bit shy around Han.

Sunoo gave a silent signal to Riki, his expression clearly conveying "go away," because he stood there doing nothing and just see everything, Riki complied because he slightly scared deep inside if Sunoo going to tell Han the truth.

"Bye! Both of you," Myah called out as she ran back to her classroom, leaving Han and Sunoo alone. They sat in silence, a bit awkward, and none of them initiated the conversation. "How about we sit there?" Han suddenly spoke, pointing to a bench near the tree.

"Okay," Sunoo agreed, and they walked to the bench. Once they seated, an uneasy silence lingered between them, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the remaining lunch break was only 10 minutes left.

Han cleared her throat, perhaps intending to start the conversation, but Sunoo spoke up first. "I'm sorry for ignoring you," he apologized, putting his head down and avoiding Han's gaze.

"No, you didn't. At first, I thought you were the one ignoring me. But when I think about it, I'm the one who actually ignored you since the day we were at the cybercafe," Han admitted, she realized she's the one who fail to understand Sunoo well.

"I was wrong, actually. I shouldn't have ignored you just because you didn't know how to play games."

"I still want to be your friend; it feels empty without you," Han expressed.

Sunoo looked at her; she appeared regretful for her actions. Sunoo then touch her hand to comfort her. "Don't say that. Of course, I still want to be your friend too. I'm scared if you forget about me. I'll start getting scared to go to school again, and they might bully me like usual," Sunoo confessed his truth feeling.

"I'm the one who should apologize because you've helped me a lot. You're my safety pin indeed," Sunoo realized his mistakes too.

Both of them look at each other, their eyes met.

"Safety pin?" Han asked, curious and unfamiliar with the term. "Yup, it sounds like you're my protector," Sunoo explained, smiling brightly.

"Oh, I got it," Han nodded, so Sunoo thought her as his protecter. Not gonna lie, being a protecter in someone life is such a big role. "So, we're on good terms now?" asked Han.

"Yes, we are." replied Sunoo happily, glad he and Han back together.

"Han, how did you get closer to Riki now?" Sunoo inquired suddenly. "Riki? We're not that close, actually. He's just a person I play games with, nothing more than that. Why?" she replied.

"Oh, I hope you're not getting close to him." "Why? Did he do anything to you?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing, I tend to get jealous," Sunoo replied, looking away. It's still too early to expose Riki for him. "Oh, you're jealous... no wonder you were ignoring me. Okay, I won't be close to him and will put you first as my priority," Han reassured, and they both laughed.

Finally, the silent treatment they gave each other had come to an end, thanks to what happened with Myah before. But still pitied Myah had to face all those first for Han and Sunoo to have good term again.

•••

"So, are you guys good now?" asked Myah when Sunoo returned to the class. Sunoo nodded shyly, his smile shine like the first time Han show up in his life again.

"See, I told you. You guys should have done it earlier, actually," Myah said. "By the way, Myah, I'm sorry I can't go to the cafe with you later to study together."

"Oh... why?" Myah asked. "Han is bringing me somewhere," Sunoo replied with a smile, he oblivious to Myah's feelings of offense by that.

"Okay... I can go alone," she replied while pretending to smile. "Thank you!"

Myah sat back in her chair, contemplating that she should find another friend too so she wouldn't worry about being by herself. She sighed deeply. "If only people were friends with me not because of money and looks, I wouldn't worry about befriending anyone," she mumbled.

That's the reason she didn't get close to many people and approach them. Most of them wanted to be friends with her just for the overlap of her popularity and wealth. Unlike Sunoo, he never asked for her money and didn't care about being featured on any of her social media.

thanks for voting!