6: getting late together

Han woke up in the morning and saw Sunoo standing in front of her, watching her sleep while wearing his school uniform. "What time is it?" she asked sleepily, her hair in a messy, but she didn't bother about her appearance.

"30 minutes before school starts," replied Sunoo. Her eyes widened hearing that. "I should go back to my home to change my clothes first!" she panicked, waking up from her lying position. "Are you sure you can come on time?" asked Sunoo, watching his watch on his wrist.

"Don't worry, I can," Han reassured him. She ran downstairs, wanting to go back to her home to change her school uniform. When she was close to the door, Sunoo stopped her. "How about me?" he asked. Han looked at him in confused, What about him?

"You should go to school first. I'm scared I'll be late," she suggested. "Do you think they will let me in peace if they see me alone after what you've done to them?" he referring to the his bullies. "Then, let's go together." Sunoo smiled quietly; that's what he actually wanted.

Han rode her motorcycle with Sunoo to her home. When they arrived, she quickly threw away her shoes because she needed to be quick. And Sunoo took a look at her house; it was just a typical house. The area around her house was messy and looked poor.

"So, this is your house..." he mumbled. He waited outside her house while she getting ready. "Actually, we're a great pair," he smiled.
While waiting for her, a middle-aged man in a drunken state approached him.

"Who are you? Give me money now!" The man started touching him, searching for money. Sunoo felt scared and kept stepping back. "I don't have money," he stuttered in fear.

"Han Yaera!" Sunoo shouted while closing his eyes when that guy got too close to him. Han kicked the guy from behind while tying her hair. The man fainted and lay on the ground.
"Let's go! We will be late," Han said, pulling Sunoo's hands to her motorcycle.

"But... how about him?" said Sunoo, feeling guilty. "He's not going to die." replied her simply. "Why?"

"Because he's a bad person." Sunoo couldn't understand, but he kept himself quiet. Well, bad people were hard to die, and good people always die early.

•••

"One minute more, Han. Please, hurry," said Sunoo in worry. He's the one who refuse to go first to school, now he afraid being punish by teacher. They were stuck in traffic jam, even though they were riding a motorcycle, they still needed to slow down.

"I tried. I can't just speed up if there are too many cars here." But still, Han sped up her motorcycle. They arrived one minute late, but the teacher was too strict. Both of them were punished for being just one minute late, being told to run 10 rounds on the school field as a punishment.

"Ah, I hate it," Sunoo stomped his feet in annoyance, about to throwing tantrums. "Shit, it's just one minute. Damn, bald teacher," said Han in frustration.

"What are you guys looking at?! Go run now!" shouted the teacher after seeing both of them still not run yet. They quickly ran, even though they were mad. "Come on, it's still morning. Why should I be sweating in the morning?" complained Sunoo while running.

"Just 10 rounds, then we're done," Han replied, trying to comfort him. They ran slower at the seventh round. Suddenly, Sunoo stopped his run. He was hardly breathing. Han also stopped to check on him. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"I can't do this anymore... I'm tired..." he replied, breathing heavily. "Three rounds more, let's go," convince her. Sunoo fell down on the ground; his legs were weak, and he had no energy to run anymore.

Han wiped her sweat off her forehead, took off the school suit uniform, leaving only her white shirt. She folded both of her sleeves up to the elbow. She then kneeled in front of Sunoo, showing her back. "Here, hop on me," she said.

"Han, it's okay. I can run later after resting a while," Sunoo replied in shock when she offered to piggyback him. "Let's do it quickly." Sunoo still hesitated because he was afraid she would faint. "But, I'm heavy," he said, still refusing.

"So, what? Do I care? Hurry up, Sunoo." Sunoo slowly got on her back, wrapping his hands around her shoulders. And Han managed to run while carrying Sunoo. She was so strong for doing that; she could still run like nothing happened, as if she wasn't carrying him.

"Why are you too kind? I've never met someone like you," said his inner voice, a little moved by her actions. Without realizing it, because he kept staring at her, she already finished the run for three rounds. Han put him down after finishing 3 rounds of run.

"Let's go back to our class," she said. "Huh? What?" Sunoo couldn't catch up, losing his focus seeing Han's pretty face covered in sweat. "Go back to your class, Sunoo. And I'll go back to mine." repeat her slowly. "Oh yeah, see you later." Han waved goodbye at him then ran to her class.

it's okay, i didn't force you to voting this time ;)