15: the place i wanna go

"Huh, what?" Jake asked, seeking clarification about Myah's unexpected question. "I said, will you be my friend? You know, I'm still new here, so I still don't have any friends," Myah replied, trying to keep herself calm. She slipped her words earlier because of the ongoing conversation with her inner voice.

"Oh, yeah. Why not, right?" Jake stuttered, perhaps feeling a bit embarrassed, not him thinking he heard wrong. "Nice! Sunoo, now I got a friend too," Myah mumbled to herself.

"Can I put ice on your feet? It'll be faster to cure," Jake offered, asking for permission. "Oh, I can do it. Leave it to me," Myah replied, even though she actually wanted him to do it.

"No, you should rest. Let me do it," said Jake. "Okay then, do as you want," Myah said, literally screaming inside now.

Jake placed the ice in a handkerchief and gently massaged it onto her sprained area. Such a gentleman. Myah looked at him from the side, finding herself falling for him even more, especially with the sunset's light creating a beautiful backdrop as he stood there.

"He looks like an angel. I must be crazy, right? I've never felt like this before," said her inner voice, almost making her cry at how beautiful he appeared to her. After two hours, her foot was somewhat better, but she still needed support to walk properly.

"If the condition worsens, you should go to the hospital," advised the school nurse. "Alright, miss. Thank you," replied Jake. He then helped Myah stand up, supporting her to walk.

"Hold my shoulder so you can walk properly," Jake said in a gentle voice. She touched him nervously, her heart now beating as if she had just finished a run. Jake assisted her until they reached the front of the school gate.

"Who's picking you up from school?" he asked, noticing that only a few students were left. "My driver. I already informed him, but I think he'll be a bit late," replied Myah.

"Oh, okay," Jake nodded but still decided to wait with her until she was being picked up. "If you want to go back home, you should just leave me," Myah said, she literally lying. She actually wanted Jake to wait for her.

"Ay, I have nothing to do. So, I can accompany you for however long I want. And, I'm your friend, then," replied Jake while looking into her eyes. Myah avoided his gaze, knowing she couldn't handle his sweet gaze.

"Oh, there, my driver arrives!" Myah pointed at her driver's car that had just arrived. "Here, hold my hand. I'll help you get into the car," he generously offered.

Once she come inside the car, Myah waved to him, saying goodbye with a cheerful smile. "Thank you for helping me," said Myah.

"My pleasure. See you again tomorrow. My friend," replied him, smiling widely.

•••

"Where are you taking me?" Sunoo asked curiously, as Han hadn't told him where they were going. "I don't know, actually. I'm scared if I bring you to someplace you don't like, like what happened before," Han admitted. She realized she had never asked Sunoo about his preferences.

"Is there any place you want to go? I'm okay with everything," she suggested. "Hm, I also don't know," Sunoo replied. "But, there is a place I wanted to go when I was still a kid," he finally shared.

"Okay, tell me. We'll go there," Han encouraged him. Sunoo looked at Han, unsure if that place would suit her. "I think you won't like that place. Let me think of another one," he said.

"Huh? just tell me. Who's cares if I like it or not? At least, I can bear with it," Han urged him. She wanted to know more about Sunoo and make him happy. "Tell me, Sunoo. I told you, I'll put you as my priority, right?" she continued, convincing him that she didn't care about the type of place.

"I feel guilty if you don't like that place," Sunoo pouted. "I did it to you too before. I know you don't like the cyber cafe, but I still brought you there," Han reminded him, trying to ease his guilt.

"It's actually... a theme park," Sunoo revealed, a bit hesitant, as it sounded like a place for kids. "Theme park? It's been a long time since I've been to one. Let's go there!" Han said, excited to share in Sunoo's happiness. Sunoo finally showed his happy face after hearing Han's enthusiastic response.

thanks for voting!