14: first sight love

"Bye, Myah!" Sunoo waved goodbye to Myah with excitement before leaving to meet Han after putting all his books in his bag. "Tch, he must be excited," Myah mumbled to herself.

Suddenly, an awkward question slipped out, "Who wants to be my boyfriend?" Everyone around her looked at her weirdly. Myah quickly covered her mouth, pretending nothing happened.

"Shit, what the hell am I thinking?" she muttered, hastily putting her book in her bag, feeling embarrassed. She walking fast to avoid people's stares, because of walk to fast Myah bumped into someone during want to get down at the stair, causing her to fall on the floor. Her foot was in pain, likely sprained from the impact.

"I'm sorry, my bad. May I help you?" the person worried and quickly offered his hand to assist Myah in standing up. She about to get mad but then when she looked at him, she feeling something make her heart racing. Was this what people called first love at first sight? Cringe.

"Sure," she replied, Myah grab his hand as he helped her walk with her arm wrap around his shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

"Yeah—yeah, I guess," Myah stuttered, unable to handle the eye contact. "Let me bring you to the nursing office," he suggested, as he saw Myah didn't seem good by her walking.

Myah nodded, her cheeks still warm from the earlier embarrassment. In the nursing office, the nurse assured him, "She's going to be okay, just a bit sprained. Don't worry too much."

He and the nurse discussed Myah's condition while she watched him from afar. Myah found herself quietly measuring his shoulder with her fingers.

"That's such a big shoulder, though. His voice is sexy too. My type," she complimented him, momentarily forgetting that dating was not her priority. He then turned around, seemingly having heard her, and walked slowly toward her. Myah quickly pretend like nothing happened.

"The nurse said you're going to be okay after 2 hours. I'm sorry make your foot like this," he apologized, his voice soft and pleasant. "No, it's okay. Actually, I'm the one wrong. I was supposed to look in front while walking," she admitted.

"By the way, can I know your name?" he asked with a sweet smile. "Myah, Park Myah," she introduced herself. "I guess you're foreigner, right?" he inquired, it's so obvious cause Myah face didn't look asian. "Yeah, I am."

"Where are you from, then?" "I'm from Australia, and my mom is Korean. My family just moved here due to work matters," she explained, she loves how he curious about her.

"Oh! Surprisingly, I'm from Australia too!" he replied with excitement. Myah felt a sense of destiny. "Hi, mate! I'm Shim Jake. Nice to meet you," he introduced himself in an Aussie accent.

 Nice to meet you," he introduced himself in an Aussie accent

"Jake, it sounds cute," Myah mumbled to herself. She gonna keep Jake name in her mind, paint on the wall in front of her bed and  all.

"What? I can't hear you," Jake said, not catching her words clearly. "Nothing. Thank you for helping me," she replied.

"Ay, it's my responsibility to be kind," Jake said with a pure smile. "Then, will you be responsible for my heart, too?" Myah's inner voice expressed, making it clear that she was falling for him.

"Are you a new student, too?" she asked, realizing she hadn't seen him before, or maybe she just hadn't paid attention to everyone's faces. "Hm, kind of. Actually, I applied to this school not long ago, but I always joined class online instead of face-to-face because of some problems I couldn't avoid," he explained.

"Oh, he explains well too, without me asking anything. Ugh, too perfect for me," Myah's inner voice continued, showering Jake with compliments.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" she finally said her inner thoughts out loud.

thanks for voting!