9: not good at playing games

"Ah, that new girl really acts bold."

"For real, she thinks she's that strong."

"How about we lock her somewhere?"

"That's a good idea, let's do that."

"But where? In the toilet?"

"Hmm, how about the sports storage? No one would go there." Both of them laugh at that plan they just thought about. Sunoo came out from the toilet after the bullies leave. He overheard everything they talked about.

"Act bold? As if you can fight her if you meet her face to face." so Sunoo know everything who locked them but pretend like he's not. "I should go to the sports store now." Sunoo walks faster, not letting them do anything to Han.

~

"Do you have your phone now?" asked Han. "Me? I left it in the classroom too." Sunoo turns on silent mode on his phone quietly in his pocket, lying that he has his phone now. He thinks this is a good time to get closer to Han; he feels lucky to be locked inside with her.

•••

"Sunoo? Kim Sunoo?" Han waves her hands in front of Sunoo's face when he gives no response. "Uh? Oh, sorry." Sunoo finally come to sense. "Are you thinking about something? Do you have any problems?" asked Han curiously when he seems not in his senses now.

"No, maybe I'm just tired." replied Sunoo. "You are? I was thinking of bringing you somewhere."

"To where? Then, let's go." Sunoo agrees as soon as he knows that. "You don't even know where I want to bring you." Han laughs, looking at his reaction. "I trust you, so I don't care where you want to bring me."

"Really? I want to bring you to a cyber cafe." said Han. "Cyber cafe? What kind of place is that?" Sunoo smiles awkwardly when he's never heard of that place.

"You don't know a cyber cafe??" Han's eyes widen, unable to believe that. "It's a place where people usually play PC games." she explains. "Oh, too bad. I don't know how to play games."

"Ah, we don't know yet. Who knows, maybe you're good at it than me, right?" Han pulls Sunoo's hands to her motorcycle, going to the cybercafe.

•••

"So, this is the place..." mumbles Sunoo, looking around the place while taking off the helmet from his head. "Let's go!" Han screams in excitement. "Two tables, please." said Han to the cashier.

Both of them go to the two empty tables, sitting side by side. Sunoo has no idea what to do, so he just watches Han click the PC like she's used to it already. "What games should we play?" asked Sunoo.

"Hmm, do you know any games?"

"I don't know. I've never played games." Sunoo lowered his head down, feeling bad about himself for lacking many things. "Let's play Valorant. It's easy to play." cheers Han. Sunoo nods and smiles genuinely when she's not give up with him.

•••

"Sunoo, shoot! Shoot! Ah, shit. This guy keeps attacking me!" Han curses while playing the game. As if her life depends on it. Sunoo has tried many times, but he's always dead first. Maybe he's not used to playing that game yet. Both of them take off the headphones when the game is over.

"You said it was easy, but I've been shot first among all." said Sunoo in a sulking. "Yeah, maybe you still don't know how to play yet." replied Han to assure him. "What both of you doing here?" Suddenly, Riki approaches them from behind.

"Not your business." Han rolls her eyes in annoyance and wants to keep playing her game. "You play Valorant too? Let's battle; I'm good at it." said Riki, slightly giving Han interest. "You did? Okay, let's play to see who's better." she challenges him.

"Okay, deal!"

"Should I sit here?" asked Riki, pointing at Sunoo's PC. Han looks at Sunoo for a second.

"Where did you sit?" she asked Riki. "There." Riki points at his table. "Ah, too far to interact. Sunoo, can you sit there while I play with him?" asked Han. "Huh? Okay." Sunoo stands up from his seat, feeling a bit frustrated when Riki takes his place.

Sunoo sits at Riki's table while glaring at Riki, who is playing games with Han. Both of them laugh while cursing each other. "Both of them suit each other. Unlike me, stupid, weak, and know nothing." mumbles himself, downgrading his abilities.

•••

"Huh, you think you're that good?" provokes Riki when he loses many times to Han. "Just admit it, I've won 10 times over you." Han laughs at him while pushing him with her shoulder. "I wouldn't let you win in the next games."

"Okay, let's play again next time," replied her. Sunoo just walks behind them, as if he were not there, hearing them talk with each other like a third wheeling. "Meet again next time, idiot!" Han slaps Riki's shoulder before going to her motorcycle.

"Don't need to slap me, bitch," replied Riki and walked away from there too. "What a fun day..." mumbles Han while smiling. "Sunoo, do you want to go anywhere-"

"It's okay, send me back home," said Sunoo in a cold tone; his face has no reaction at all, obviously he's jealous right now.

-

thanks for voting!