I'm Not Even In School And I Still Got A History Lesson

I gasped. We were back in the present. I looked at the others who looked as bewildered as I was. Chloe hugged me tight, sobbing.

"Noah, the reason our p....parents introduced us was....was because we were all part of th...th.....this prophecy?"

I gently rubbed her back. I thought about it. Even if our friendship was planned, I didn't really care. I couldn't imagine my life without them. Chloe sniffled in my shirt.

"Does that mean we're not really best friends?" Chloe whispered.

I looked at her sternly. "Even if all of it was planned, we are still friends. We always have and we always will. We were meant to meet at some point and even if our parents hadn't introduced us back then, we would have still been best friends! Is that understood?" I cringed at myself inside. I didn't usualy do emotional speeches like that.

Chloe blinked. She wiped her eyes and nodded. Then she smiled and wrapped us all in a big hug. I smiled.

Charlie started chuckling. "Chloe you are such a big wuss.... OW!!!"

"I may be a wuss but I can still throw a good punch!"

Charlie rubbed his arm still laughing like crazy.

"Anyhoo...... We learned a few good things from this vision. One, we're destined for greatness and we were meant to meet. Two, Ryan is now 'Rex' . Any questions?"

We burst out laughing while Ryan chased Charlie around the park. When he finally caught him, he gave him a painful wedgie and probably would have continued  if I hadn't stopped him.

Silver looked at me like I just made the world explode.
"Noémi I cannot understand how you can be so relaxed when the homo and spiritus mundi are on the brink of being destroyed. Your parents sent me to....."

I interrupted her. "Yes Silver, I know. But...rushing and putting pressure won't help. It's already hard enough trying to process all of this and thinking about....that doesn't exactly help...." I muttered.

Silver smiled and nodded. "That would be wise. I'm sorry. I di not realize that getting this information would be hard for you children to take in." she apologized sheepishly.

"All good." laughed Charlie. "This is tually really cool, not going to lie. We get to be heroes and save the world! That's....awesome?" Ryan laughed at this.

I rolled my eyes. Ryan gave me a small punch on the arm. I punched him back harder.

Ryan groaned and looked at Silver gently. "Silver we just need a lot more information than that. Saying that we're destined for stopping great evil and just leaving it at that seems a bit suspicious. Maybe you could just give us like a small history lesson?"

Silver didn't wince this time. She nodded.

"There are two worlds in this universe, homo and spiritus. Homo mundi is the world humans live in and Spiritus mundi is the world all magical creatures dwell in such as myself. Both are separated by a barrier located on the highest point of each world. In yours, Mount Everest, and in ours Obice. The mountain of barriers. On the night of every full moon, the barriers open providing access to both worlds. Spirits can mingle with humans and humans can mingle with us. Sometimes spirits fall in love with humans and they give birth to medium sanguinum."

"Halfbloods." I said.

"Yes. Medium sanguinum are mostly very powerful beings depending on their parents. There was one particularly powerful and evil one. Tenebris Umbra. Dark Shadow."

Silver's face darkened when she mentioned his name.

"Obviously the bad guy's name has to be something as stupid as Dark Shadow." Charlie muttered.