Headaches

Noah pov

Two deamons entered the palace. Chloe and Charlie went after the first one. Raven had chased after the other. I got lost in the gardens. I couldn't see anything. The sounds of the battle faded away. There was nothing but eerie silence. Choking on my breath, I stumbled through the dark, trying to find the palace. I could see the tall rising towers. I ran towards them. A large hedge blocked my way. I'm in a maze. 

I started panicking. I took another path. Another dead end. And another. My heart was beating faster and faster. I'm not going to reach the palace in time. I let out a desperate scream in the air. The words of the woman kept pounding in my head.  

You left that Queen Diana to clean up your mess.

I clutched my head. My brain was pounding. I sunk to my knees, still clutching my head. Sweat rolled down my neck. A single tear dripped down my eye. "I don't know what to do.." I whispered. I closed my eyes, trying make all of this disappear. This is just a bad nightmare. You're gonna wake up back in bed, mom is going to have a plate of brownies ready for you and dad is going to drop you to school. This is just a dream. Just a dream. 

I opened my eyes. I was still there. I was still in the middle of a maze in the palace gardens.  I closed my eyes again, confused, and alone.

Then, something hit me. I felt the painful sensation of something hitting me hard in the face. My head snapped back as the thing slammed into me. The ground beneath me gave away. I was falling in infinite darkness. I landed right outside the palace gates. I was still in the spirit world. A vision. 

****

Two women in beautiful gowns were arguing, walking towards the palace gates. They were screaming at each other, yelling in Latin. 

"After Nemora left you're leaving too? You?!" screamed one of the women. She wore a long green gown. A golden crown rested on her dark hair, perfectly braided down her shoulders. 

"I can't stay Diana! You know that very well!!!" screamed the other woman. She was wearing a dress reaching down to her ankles. She was walking towards the palace gates, almost tripping over the flower gardens in her knee length boots. Her long brown hair was trailing down her back and a loop of diamonds hung around her head. I couldn't see her face.

"But leaving me alone? Amaya, you can't do this to me." whispered Diana.

The other woman stopped, her hand resting on the golden handles of the palace doors. "If I stayed, I'd be hiding in your shadow forever Diana." 

"The world needs you Amaya! The dark reign might be over but he will come back!" 

"I did everything I could! Our world will heal Diana! Have faith!" yelled the other woman.

"My own nephew killed our sister and pledged this world in darkness and death! You want me to have faith? Tenebris was only weakened! He will rise.." argued Diana.

"Then the chosen will stop him." whispered Amaya. "Diana, I can't stay here forever. Nemora left because she fell in love. I'm doing the same." 

"But her child turned into a demon, Amaya. That killed her. Her own child...I don't want this to happen to you." Diana said softly. Tears streamed down her face. 

"That's the difference between me and Nemora. She made the mistake of showing her child our world. I'm staying in the human world." 

"Please, Amaya. Please don't leave me alone." Diana sunk to her knees, crying.