Trust me.

"We are here, do not mess it up." While he stares down at me and nods, I feel my stomach knotting and threading with anxiety. I wasn't exactly familiar with how they brought new people into their home, but I'm sure I would hate it.

The only thing I can think of to put my mind off being killed my Na'vi is looking for Jake the minute I was allowed in. He was probably going to be dragged to look, so that gave me an opportunity. Eyve clutches my neural queue and pulls it back, practically rendering me immobile.

In the other hand, he takes both of my wrists. He knew by now I had no plans to ambush his home, but he wanted his people to feel safe and I respected that. When he tightens his grip on my hair I grunt and clench my jaw.

Well, at least he wasn't being gentle. He steps forward and I stumble, trying to match his steps. While he walks us forward I try to lean back so he doesn't pull on the sensitive braid. Na'vi start to come into view as we enter the tree. People turn to face us, more and more turning to glance at the intruder.

To say I felt awkward was an understatement. The two of us walk through the newly formed crowd, and people start hissing and curiously leaning forward to see me. I wasn't some damn museum monument.

Taking the surroundings in, I was in awe. The entire place was coated in a dim light that made everything seem more beautiful. Two winding boughs shot straight up to the top of the tree and had Na'vi decorating it, sitting down and staring at us.

A large skull of Toruk sat on a throne of some sort, staring everyone down and holding such power. Small bugs hummed in the humid air and rested on the support beams on the side of the tree.

People part around us, allowing the leader to come forward and set his eyes on me himself.

I was starting to get sick of people staring me down.

His nose scrunches and Eyve releases me to stand in front of me. "ℰ𝓎𝓋ℯ, 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒶𝓃ℴ𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝒾ℯ𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓉ℴ ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝒽ℴ𝓂ℯ?" Insulting. The entire clan do not take their eyes off me, seeming all too fascinated by someone who looked an awful lot like them.

The leader points at me, his face twisting into one of disgust when he mentions me. Again, insulting. Eyve tries to conjure up some words, staring his leader dead in the eye.

Neither man was exactly in love with the idea of having me in his home. My eyes still wandered for Jake though, I hadn't seen him yet and I was starting to get worried that they had killed him.

"𝒮𝒾𝓇, 𝓈𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℯ𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝓃ℴ 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓂. 𝒮𝒽ℯ 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓂ℯ𝒹 𝒷𝓎 ℛ𝒾𝓉𝒾 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓇ℯ𝒻𝓊𝓈ℯ𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝓀𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓂." He said it like I was weak. If I wanted to hurt those animals I would have but there was no need. Yes, I was thankful that Eyve had came but without him there would've been two options: killing them with my bare hands or giving them something else to eat. One of which I was in the middle of trying to do.

People start yelping as a woman rounds the corner. She was beautiful, braids trailing over her shoulders. Not far behind her is someone else. My eyes focus on him and notice Jake, his eyes are looking over everyone in a search for someone. Hopefully me.

He looks awful, his clothes are still drenched. If he hasn't had time to change he can't have been here for too long. My body sags in relief when I see him. Grace would kill me if an avatar died.

Seeing him walk around, confused and scared a little scared of the powerful woman in front of him, I had to control the urge not to laugh. I'd never seen him like this. His eyes meet mine and I see him relax.

We had known each other for less than a week and already were so happy to see each other, how nice.

Another woman walks down the stairs to my left, a red-beaded, short cloak resting over her shoulders. This was the Tsahik. By her neck was a knife, thankfully still in its sheath. "Let me look at it." Eyve almost immediately steps aside.

That told me enough about her.

She approaches me with no hesitation, looking over me and my attire. "You are in our clothing." The corners of her lips turn down, I didn't respond. I hardly had an answer.  My so-called rescuer made me change out of my 'demon clothes'. 

The woman sees me pinch my lips together in a confused manner and circles me. She lifts my tail, examining it like it'd be any different from hers. The knife hanging by her neck gets quickly unsheathed and poked into my chest, drawing blood.