How to help the frightened.

"ℋ𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓃ℴ 𝒻ℯ𝒶𝓇! ℋ𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓃ℴ 𝒻ℯ𝒶𝓇!" Tsu'tey yells to his fellow warriors above mine, Grace's and Jake's voices. Nobody was listening to us, this was helpless. Eyve was yelping and staring at the incoming warships like his look alone would send them to the ground.
Although he still had his blade to my throat, I shook under the binds. The way they were knotted on my triceps were forcing my arms to cramp, but that was not my biggest concern.

"God damnit!!" I scream, kicking and writhing desperately. This is not how I wanted to die. As the helicopters and the mothership quickly approached, they brought a deafening roar with them.
I tried to pull my arms closer to my ears but it was no use. The propellers very quickly picked up water as they lowered closer to land and rounded the corner just in front of us.

The cold spray felt like ice picks gnawing at my skin but I continued to scream. I saw Quaritch in the windshield of the mothership stood behind the driver like the overconfident asshole he was.
If I survived this, he'd have a bullet between his eyes before he could blink.

Eyve's hand started shaking as Eytukan ordered Tsu'tey to get the Ikran to attack from above. That would cause an air battle, where the Sky people had the upper-hand completely.
Just as they finish their descent, the wind it was emitting was enough alone to break skin. It was hot enough to melt my face off and I could hear each deadly blade spinning to keep the damn things in the air.

Eytukan points to everyone as they all run behind Tsu'tey, telling them to go and hurry and other shit I was too busy screaming to hear. "E!!" I screech, trying to move my head, but simply accomplishing nothing but putting more strain on my arms. "E, listen, you need to go!!" I shout again.
Although he was close to me, it was like he couldn't hear me. He stares up at the ships with a blank face, squinting slightly from the wind.

Just as I thought nobody was going to fire, several loud thumps appear from the ship. I watch the gas can shoot through the air and then disappear off into the entrance of the tree, but everybody else was oblivious.
"Run!!" I scream, twisting and turning desperately.

Jake was screaming just as loud beside me. People started flooding out, coughing and grasping their chests as they carry children and loved ones beside them.
I watch the gnarly grey cloud start to appear and fog out the interior of Hometree, white waves of smoke forcing everyone from their home.
Every time I looked at a different entrance, more canisters were being shot through them and more people were rushing out.

The hiss of the cans was enough, let alone the horrific, lung burning smoke that followed. The hiss was enough to send my ears back.
Their sensitiveness was not considered by the Sky people, apparently. What a shocker.

Several people fell to the ground as they sputtered for air once they were in the clear. People were grasping at the ground to try and relieve the pressure on their windpipe and my heart yearned for them.
Many were tripping over other's feat, with the amount of people that were in there. The mass of people that were being forced out was too large. It looked like a stampede as they all charged out of their home out of fear.

Although, they were only headed towards more danger.

Eytukan screams out and points at the ship, signalling for everyone to fire at the demon ship. I huff and puff for air, coughing every so slightly when bile gets caught in the back of my throat.
"No!! No!" Grace squeals, somehow finding the energy in her to wiggle in  her binds.
I look at her as she tries to stop them frantically, but nothing was helping.

Suddenly, a spray of arrows shoot at the mothership, flinging through the air before simply bouncing from the windshield.
People continued relentlessly firing and firing, wasting ammunition, but again and again their arrows pinged from the metal.