Stay here tonight.

Jake was beside me again. This felt awfully familiar. I'd like to say I was better, that I could muster up the balls to see Neytiri or stay in my avatar for more than two hours a day. 

But I wasn't. Not by a long shot. 

Apparently Eyve had got an earful from Jake after Neytiri told him what happened. And I hope damn well he did. Even after what I did, at least I felt bad, at least he could tell it was the last thing I wanted to say. But for him it was like there was no other words he wanted to say more to me. 

"Gotta get going." Jake says, moving to the links and swallowing the food in his mouth. Grace was out with Norm looking at plants or whatever, so it was just me and him. 
Whether or not that was a good thing I didn't know. 

At five in the morning the last thing I wanted to be doing was linking, but I had no option. After my last little episode, Grace doesn't leave me alone until I link. 
It was a 'safety hazard' and she didn't want my avatar at risk of starving. Again.

That was fair, but it wasn't fair I had to avoid Neytiri and Eyve everyday. 
I knew shuffling away from Neytiri every time I saw her was rude, but I didn't want her sympathy. I got enough of it from Jake and that shit was tiring. 

Saying 'I'm ok', 'don't worry', and 'please, fuck off' was getting boring every damn day. 
Jake presses buttons on his screen, which was now beside Link 1, because he got to use Link 1 now. 

The jackass.

Since I wasn't linking as frequently, he got to stay in the best link until I got back on my feet. God knows when that would be. 

Even if he was getting the better equipment, I was at least proud he knew how to use it. With an obvious sigh, I move to my link, shuffling my feet along the way to exaggerate my point. 

This was total bullshit. 

"Quit sulking." Jake mumbles, already tired of my attitude. I ignore him, piling myself into the pod and waiting for it to close- thanks to the timer I set on the lid. I pull the skeleton over me and watch as the lid slowly clicks shut and my eyes involuntarily close.

A small, dull light appears behind them and I follow it, enticing it to come closer as it very slowly swallows me up. Eventually, the light, the warmth, surrounds me and I embrace it, waiting to open my eyes once more. Although, when I do, I wasn't disappointed. 

Since I had moved hammocks, there were people bustling around on the bottom floor of the tree, every one holding hands with children or laughing with family. My heart swells as they all do not take notice of me, instead simply walking past me to their destination. 

I told Jake to 'leave me the fuck alone' whenever I was in my avatar, simply because I wanted to stay by myself or with Sita- my Ikran. Which might I add, is really fucking cool. I was included now, I have my very own Ikran, I could go anywhere and everywhere I wanted. 

There was only one job I had to do today, and I was find a place to get some good god damn pictures. So far all I had were photos of Eyve and a few others including Jake, Grace and some creatures. I was too scared to look through them in case I saw him, so I couldn't delete any. 
But instead I'd flood my camera with other pictures to drown out the ones of Eyve. So I start climbing. 

Reaching my desired location wasn't that tricky, I was getting better at this. My body was becoming used to climbing and running and jumping again. This time I felt as though I could go another hundred feet and be alright.

Oppose to the last time, when I was drooling and hyperventilating everywhere. 
Serious progress was being made. 

A few sounds leave my mouth that make rustling appear, making me grin. Mine and Sika's recall was amazing by now. I'd spent all of yesterday and the day before perfecting it so she would always return if and when I needed. 

It was the same for her- if she screeched just right I'd recognise the tone and come running. Luckily we hadn't run into anything bad enough for her to need to use that sound. Her beautiful body lands in front of me, her wings spreading and showing of her coat as she reaches the floor. 
I smile at her.