A bond well made.

Waking up was the most disoriented I have ever been. People were surrounding my pod and watching me recover. 

Any sense of hunger, exhaustion and muscle ache disappeared when I awoke into my human body and I felt brand new. Grace was over by Jake, sitting him up and questioning him. People were asking where I had been, whether my avatar was safe, and what had happened after I went missing. 

Now, though, we were all crowded around a lunch table with Grace chattering about us. We couldn't exactly get many words in, but that didn't bother me. I was too busy chomping down on my baby carrots.

"I gotta go." Jake finally says after clearing his plate. My eyebrows furrow and I hover the vegetable in front of my mouth. 

"Where?" He looks back at me and I swallow my food. For whatever reason, he just shrugs and wheels away to his unknown destination. That wasn't sketchy. Grace, however, now turns her attention to me and all eyes start focusing on me. I didn't like it when the Na'vi did it, I don't like it when humans do it either.

"What happened to you after you ran off?" She takes a large gulp of her drink and I put down my food. Fuck sake, this was definitely a story.

"Got swarmed by Stingbats. They almost got me but some guy from the clan helped me." Couldn't be bothered to explain the questioning, meeting of the Tsahik, or the tension between me and Eyve or Jake's lady friend.

People stare at me in awe, secretly asking for more information that I could not be bothered to give them. Instead, I stare at the busy cafeteria and start spooning soup into my mouth.
Grace decides to leave me be and exaggerates my story by miles, filling in the few blanks left by Jake. 

I was desperate to get back. There was so much I needed to ask, see and do. For starters, I got my camera back but it was with my avatar. So any and all evidence of this was literally at Eyve's disposal if he wanted. Me and him weren't exactly sitting in a tree yet. 
I'm sure Norm wanted to get involved too, I glance over at him. 

He looks.. glum. That's the only way I can put it. I do feel bad, but if he wanted the action, he needed to run toward it. And running wasn't exactly his forte. 

He was staring down at his food and looking occasionally over at us. There were many people between us as he had placed himself at the very end of the table.

Our eyes caught and he pinches his lips together in an attempt to smile and tell me 'I'm fine'. Not exactly believable. 

With our exchanged glances, we had an entire conversation.

'What's up?'

'Nothing' Alright, Norm, sure. 

'You didn't miss a lot'  I try to reassure him.

'Thanks' Total sarcasm.

He looks away after that, forcing me to get back to my food. This was way better than salty bugs. "We gotta go, they're probably expecting these two anyway." Grace's voice stops me indulging in my own thoughts again and she abruptly sits up.

I leave the plate and hurry after her as she walks off in her quick stride. Jake was nowhere to be found, that was unless he had made his way to the lab yet, which was not good. Lord knows what awaited us when we linked.

Norm was walking behind me already, not struggling to catch up with us thanks to his long limbs. 

When we round the corner into the bio-lab, Jake was rolling in already towards his pod. "Hey!" I yell for him and he stops to face us all. Grace keeps walking and gets the links started for the both of us. 

"They're probably going to split us up, so don't embarrass yourself." I nudge him and he shoots me a look. I snort and have no trouble meeting his 'terrifying' gaze. Sure, it'd work on Max but not me. 

There was no denying he had a fat crush on this girl. Him and Grace had done some recap on the people, turns out she was the chiefs daughter. Neytiri. Grace didn't know of Eyve, but that only spiked my interest. He did not wear a warriors outfit, but he fought like one. This man was a total mystery.