Missed you.

I think I'm awake. My eyes couldn't open if I wanted them to, but I could hear everything. The last thing I remember was somebody lifting me up and running somewhere. It was very bumpy. And it hurt. 

I didn't hear any voices, but I knew I couldn't move or see. The worst part was, I couldn't say I was in pain. Normally, I'd be complaining left and right about the huge wound across my stomach, but unfortunately for me I couldn't. 

Somebody grunts as they lower me to the ground, which I was slightly offended by. But I'd allow it considering they'd run miles while carrying me. I wasn't even sure how they got me down from the tree. My back hits the side of a tree and I try to grunt as an unbearable amount of pain ripples through me, but it simply comes out as a breathy gasp. 

Then, the person lets out a few yelps before the flapping of wings follows. From that alone I knew who it was. 

Eyve. 

He was here. 

Flesh and bone. 

He saved me. 

I needed to see him. My eyes needed to open. My breathing speeds up as I notice how the complete and utter agony coursing through me made it close to impossible to open my eyes or even speak. 

The fact I might not be able to see him before somebody comes and brings me back made me panic. If this was the last time I got to see him so be it. 

"Belle." His voice doesn't calm me. It only spurs me on in my attempt to wake up. "Anabelle, calm." I feel a hand touch my shoulder, gently placing down. It was so light, with anyone else I wouldn't have felt it, but with him it was different. 

Any and every touch made my nerves go haywire. Most likely because he practically hated physical contact and it scared me when he actually touched me. But this time it calmed me. Even though I was still desperate to see him, the fact I knew he was really there made me calmer. 

My eyes barely sliver open. It took tremendous amounts of effort and pain, but it was worth it. 
His braided hair was obviously very quickly yanked up into a bun behind his head and it was slick with sweat. 

The obvious heat had coated his skin, making him appear overworked and stressed. My heart yearned at that. He had his hand still rested on the crook of my neck, looking at me with a terrified look behind his eyes.

To anybody else, he'd appear calm and collected. But to me, he was shit scared. That made my eyebrows knot together.

And I didn't notice the breath of relief he let out when I opened my eyes.

I trailed my gaze down is body, looking at the blood, dirt and sweat stained skin. The blood was mine, I knew that much. But there was a lot of it. 

"E." I strangle out, gasping when I notice the pang of pain that hit across my abdomen. Within seconds, that one reaction spurred him on. He turned away, removing his hands from my body to grab things around him. 

I didn't know where we were. There was a poorly put together, handmade roof that was keeping us from any rain that might pour. 

Around us was several leaves covering the floor and a hammock hanging between two trees. There wasn't much else there, other than him. And that's all I gave a shit about. 

"𝒢ℴℴ𝒹. 𝒦ℯℯ𝓅 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 ℯ𝓎ℯ𝓈 ℴ𝓅ℯ𝓃." I could hear the desperation in his voice. That practically killed me. 

If keeping my eyes open meant stopping him from sounding like that, I would keep them open until I died. 

Which I was hoping was very soon considering the amount of pain I was in. 

Eyve fumbled for something to wrap up my stomach, searching everywhere. Unfortunately for me, it meant I couldn't see him. 

I whimper and try to move my hand to get him to look at me again, but all that happens is my wrist twitches. But he notices. He turns back around and faces me, this time with my old clothes in his hands. My eyebrows furrow. That was a little strange. 

I wore those the first time I met him. They were probably covered in dirt, but the tank top would be enough to wrap around my torso and stop the bleeding for a little. I didn't have enough energy to give him shit about keeping my old clothes, but I made a mental note to do so later.