Chapter 5: Fire and Rain

After biology me and Jonathan walked to my house to start the project. I passed the microscope to Johnathan and sarcastically said, "Here I think you'd want to hold your microscope."

Johnathan laughed, "That was a good one."

"Well you started it," I chuckled and looked over at him, and he looked back. I stopped laughing and his smile faded away too.

"So...how have you been?" he asked.

I pretended to be busy admiring a rose bush in front of a small yellow house, "I've been better..."

"How so?"

"Nothing," I said while shaking my head.

"Does it feel weird being back?"

"What do you think?" I replied.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to make conversation." he said, "I still can't believe your back." I added.

I looked at him confused and stopped, "Question. What did you do when you realized I wasn't coming back?"

He looked back at me surprised by my question, "Guilt. I felt like such a total jerk Arden," he replied, "I stopped trying to fit in with others, and do my own thing." he added.

I looked at him in his eyes and started to walk again, "Seems to me you fit in well." I shot back.

Johnathan caught up with me and said, "What's that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know. Just forget about it." I said waving my hand in dismissal.

"Seems to me you'd fit in well too," Johnathan said.

"How?" I asked confused.

"You don't see it?" he asked.

"See what?"

"The way people look at you." he replied, "I heard what happened between you, and Derek." he smiles.

"How do people look at me, and who's Derek?"

"Derek the guy with slicked back hair, and the one who tried to hit on you." he said and I immediately remembered who he was talking about.

"Oh him."

"Ever since you came back people having been saying how different you look, and how...pretty you are."

I was shocked by what I was hearing, and looked up at him, "What about you?" I ask him.

"What about me?" he asked confused.

"What do you think?"

"I thought you didn't care what I thought?"

I bit my lip, and replied, "You're right I don't."

We finally reached my house and headed up to my room. I opened my door and motioned for Johnathan to enter.

"Wow..." he said in surprise.

"What?" I asked curious.

"The light green walls don't seem to go with your dark look," he smirked.

I arched an eyebrow and said, "Maybe if you wait a little longer, a fuck will fall in my hands and I can give it to you."

Johnathan chuckled and said, "Hmm, that was a good one."

"Let's get started." I said changing the subject.

"Okay," he replied shrugging his shoulders.

We started on the project and halfway through it my mother walked in, "Oh, I'm sorry Arden. I didn't know you had someone over." she smiled.

"Oh, uh...hi Mom." I said surprised, "Uh, this is Johnathan."

"Well, hi Johnathan." my mother smiled towards him.

"Hi, Mrs. Woods," Johnathan smiled back.

"You look very familiar." my mother said.

"Well, I use to know Arden before she moved. I use to come over." Johnathan said.

"Johnathan?" my mother said while thinking, "Johnathan...wait the same one wh-"

"Uh, Mom. Don't." I said cutting her off.

Johnathan looked at me and said, "Uh, I should go."

I walked Johnathan to the front door and we both stopped on the porch, "I'm sorry. My Mom knows what happened, and she wasn't very happy that you; who was suppose to my friend Was bullying me too." I said.

"Did you just say sorry?" he said stunned.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Look, let's just get this project finished, and we won't have to deal with each other."

Johnathan looked away before looking back at me, "My house tomorrow, right?"

"Yea." I replied and watched him walk to his house. I walked back in, and saw the shocked look on her face.

"Really?"

"Mom, don't worry. We're just working on a project with each other," I stated, "Besides I'm not here to be buddy buddy with anyone. I'm here for only here for dad." I added.

"Just be safe," my mother said concerned, "I don't want you getting hurt." she added.

"Don't worry Mom." I smiled.

It was kind of hard not to be drawn into Johnathan, and to not want to forget about everything. But, when I find myself having a normal conversation with him, I remember why I left and I immediately distance myself.

I miss him...but the scars don't heal.

-----------

Dear Readers,

Hope you guys liked it! Comment down below, and tell me what you think.

P.S. Comment and tell me what your guys' favorite 80's star is!

Sincerely, Ana XD