Chapter 6: Burning Plastic

The next at lunch I made my way outside to my usual spot, and sat down under the oak tree.

As, I was eating my sandwich, I spotted Johnathan at the fountain and he was surrounded by his friends. There was one girl who looked like she was attached at the hip to him, and she was giggling at everything he said.

Pathetic. I thought.

I made eye contact with Johnathan, and he gave me a half-smile. I in return stuck up the middle finger to him, and he laughed at this. This caused the girl who was drooling over him to narrow her eyes at me.

I looked away and focused on finishing my sandwich. I finished, and decided to make my way over to Johnathan.

I stood in front of him, and said, "Hey, can I talk to you about the project?"

He looked up at me and replied, "Sure."

I looked at him annoyed, "Alone would be great," I said, "Unless, your friends here want to talk about cells and their functions?" I added sarcastically.

"Oh, yea sure." Johnathan said.

"But, Johnathan I thought you were going to spend lunch with me?" the blonde girl said.

I crossed my arms impatiently, "It's fine we can talk later then." I said to Johnathan.

"Kate you can wait, right?" Johnathan said to the blonde girl.

"Jonny..." Kate pouted.

My face twisted in disgust, and this caught Kate's attention, "Do you have a problem?" she arched her perfectly tweezed eyebrow.

"I've never even talked to you. Why would I have a problem?" I said.

"That's probably because you wouldn't fit in here." she said prissily.

I arched my dark eyebrow at her and shot back, "I know. Because I'm not plastic."

Kate's face twisted in disgust, and Johnathan grabbed me, and pulled me a couple of feet away from her, "Geez, you're not very friendly." Johnathan stated.

"And she is?" I said sarcastically.

"Look it's fine. I'll see you at your house, right?" I ask him.

"I thought you wanted to talk now?"

"No, I've lost the desire to." I replied, "Besides, Barbie needs you." I sarcastically smile.

"Arden..."

"Bye, Barbie needs her Ken. Wouldn't want to keep her waiting." I said, "I'll see you in biology." I added, and walked into the school.

----------------

Johnathan's P.O.V.

"She's not my Barbie..." I said when she was out of earshot.

I watched as Arden walked away while her long, black and wavy hair blew in the wind.

I wish I could talk to her like before. But, every time it seems were having a normal conversation, she distances herself and puts up a wall. I know I wronged her, and I just wish I knew a way to slowly break down those walls.

I miss her.

I walked back over to the fountain, and sat down next to Kate.

"Who was she?" Kate asked, "She looks familiar." she added.

I sat there not responding, and thinking of Arden.

"Hello, earth to Johnathan?" Kate said while waving her hands in front of my face.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"Who is she?"

"Oh, uh Arden." I replied absently.

"Arden...?" she said while thinking, "That sounds familiar. But, I don't know why?" she added.

I was to busy thinking about Arden, and how to make her trust me again.

------------

I was in biology reading over my biology notes, and saw Johnathan sit down out of the corner of eye.

"You sure know how to make friends." Johnathan chuckled.

I looked up from my notes and arched an eyebrow at him, "I don't make friends." I replied, "It doesn't even matter." I said trying to dismiss the situation.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, I thought we would work on the project during lunch." I replied, "But, you were a little busy with your groupie." I added sarcastically.

"Kate is just a friend."

"Well, it doesn't seem like that to her."

"You're telling me." he sighed.

"You know I think they have insect repellent for that." I smiled.

"Very funny." he chuckled, "She's nice. But she's not my type." he added.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, so plastic isn't your type?" I replied sarcastically, "So, then what is?"

Johnathan was quiet, and looked at me in the eyes, "Somebody real...someone who doesn't try to fit in..."

I felt my body tingle, and I found it hard to look away. But, then my attention was aroused by Mr. Hannegan's booming voice, and I quickly turned my attention to the front of the class.

Halfway through class while I was taking notes. I saw a piece of paper being slid over to me, and I looked over to see it was Johnathan. I looked up at him, and arched an eyebrow at him.

I unfolded the piece of paper, and it read:

Hey, there's a party on Saturday. Are you going?

I wrote back:

Didn't hear about it. Besides parties aren't really my thing.

I slid the paper back to him, and he read it. Then a couple of seconds later he slid the paper back over to me.

It read:

Well if you want to go it's at 50 Pommel Ave at Jared Clark's house.

Just then the bell rang, I collected my stuff, and turned towards Johnathan, "Thanks but no thanks. I'll meet you at your house." I said, and left.

The only thing that happened at parties was drinking, sex and bad decisions.

I'm good.

--------

Dear Readers,

Sorry if the chapter doesn't seem that good. But, it will get more interesting! Comment down below, and tell me what you think.

Sincerely, Ana XD