Chapter 11: Saved By The Bell

A couple of weeks later. In the library.

Me and Johnathan have been getting by with our project. We've be civil towards each other, and we're halfway done with our project.

I looked up from my textbook, and across the table towards Johnathan. He was studying the biology pretty intently. I looked back down to my book, "So, have you talked to your father yet?" I heard Johnathan whispered.

I looked up at him surprised by the question, "We're suppose to be doing our work." I whispered back not wanting to answer the question.

"Come on. Aren't you suppose to let me try to be your friend?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, and sighed, "I said a lot of things... I don't know about you, but, I was kind of drunk that night."

"Come on..."

"Fine..." I sighed, "I haven't really talked to him yet." I added.

"Why not?"

I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow, "What is this twenty-one questions?"

"It could be if you wanted it to be."

"Yea, I rather not."

"Are you afraid?" he asked curiously.

"Afraid of what?" I replied confused.

He shifted in his seat, and replied, "Afraid of letting someone in."

I looked at him in deep thought, and was startled by the bell, "Uh, I've got to go... see you..." I said, and made my way out of the library.

------------

Later at home.

I sat down at the kitchen table eating a peeled, and cut orange. Picking at them one by one, and popping them into my mouth.

"Hey, sweetheart." I heard my mother say cheerily.

I stopped eating my oranges to reply, "Hi. Why are you so happy?"

"Well, I thought that we'd go to the carnival this right now," she looked at me hopefully.

I once again halted my progress on consuming my oranges, "Oh...Mom I don't know about that. I-"

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you," she said cutting me off.

I finished off my oranges, and made my way over to sink to clean my bowl, "A Carnival...here?" I asked.

"Yes. a carnival here."

"There...not really my thing." I say dragging it out.

"I'll make them your thing" she smiled.

I frowned, "Geez you're pushy." I replied.

"Come on. Maybe it will take your mind off of your Dad for a little."

I felt a jab in my heart at the mention of him, and I looked at my Mom with pain in my eyes, "Mom..."

She came over to me, and enveloped me into a hug, "Come on. It will be fun."

"Okay..." I whispered.

----------

Dear Readers,
Sorry, this chapter is short and not very interesting. I just wanted to get a chapter really quick, however, I promise the next one will be way more exciting!

Sincerely, Ana XD