Chapter 21: Promises Made

Me and Jonathan were laying down, and looking up at my bedroom ceiling. We were still wet from the rain, and neither of us had done anything about it.

"Define love," Jonathan said, breaking the silence and still keeping his eyes one the ceiling.

I turned my head to look at him, "I don't think you can define love, Jonathan."

Jonathan turned his head towards me, and replied, "but you can define us."

Us...? I never in a million years thought I'd be here. I mean I can't deny there's an attraction, however, I can't deny that there's a void pulling me back every time we get comfortable. I thought.

"Well, it was suppose to just be lab partners..." I said with a smile growing.

"I don't think lab partners do what we have done."

"We were suppose to be just friends," I covered my face with my hands. I felt him pull my hands from my face, and he was sitting up looking down at me.

"I didn't plan on this either," Jonathan said gently, "I wish we were the real thing, but, so far you're just not falling for me.

I felt a sharp pang in my heart. I didn't know that Jonathan felt like this. Did he think I was leading him on?

I looked in his eyes, and saw sincerity, "When I came back to Castle Rock. I told myself I hate you, but, whenever I look at you, I feel..." I sighed.

"What?"

"Myself falling for you..." I paused, "I don't know how to say this, or if it's true. But, I love the way you make me feel." I added.

"So, can we try?" he asked hesitantly while playing with his fingers.

I sat up, and lifted his chin with my finger, "Promise not to hurt me?" I asked hopefully.

Jonathan looked at me with shock and surprise, "Of course..." he promised.

"Okay, then."

"Okay..." Jonathan said, pulling me into a kiss and slowly laying me down, "Are you sure?" Jonathan asked, while breaking off the kiss and looking at me for a truthful answer.

I bit my lip, and sighed, "You're questioning my decision?"

Jonathan chuckled, and put his hand up in defense, "Never..."

"Smart," I replied playfully, and pulled him back down to my lips.

This time I broke off the kiss, and said, "I need to take a shower."

Jonathan looked at himself too, "Yea, I think I need one too," he smiled.

We both sat up at the edge of the bed, and looked at each other, "Uh, there's only one bathroom..." I said nervously.

"I probably should be heading home," Jonathan chuckled, "Go ahead. I'll try to sneak over here after dinner." he added.

I stood up, and so did he, "Okay."

"Bye," Jonathan said, and gave me a slow kiss.

Before he walked away, I leaned into his ear, and whispered, "There was enough room for two..." I leaned away from him, to see Jonathan looking at in surprise and disappointment.

Jonathan bit his lip, "There's always a next time," Jonathan whispered in my ear, and with that he left out of my room and out of the house.

I can't believe it... Are we? I think we are.

----------------------

Dear Readers,

Sorry, it's a really short chapter, however, I hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think by commenting and voting on this chapter! I was thinking about posting the first chapter of "See You Again: Raising River", but, I'll only do it if people really want it. So, comment down below if you do! Oh, and what do you guys think now that Arden and Jonathan are kind of together? Do you think something will come between them?

Sincerely, Ana XD

QOTD: If you had five minutes with Jonathan Brandis, what would you say to him?