Chapter 20: Demons

I laid down on the grass, while Jonathan sat up strumming his guitar, and I was getting lost in the music.

     I looked up at the sky, and saw grey clouds rolling in. The scent of rain was in the air. After a minute or two of sitting there I felt a drop of rain hit my skin. The feel of the icy water against my skin made me tingle, and I looked up to see more raindrops fall down.

     The combination of Jonathan's strumming, and the rain complimented each other. I turned my head towards Jonathan, and watched his fingers delicately strum the guitar strings.

     "It's so peaceful," I whispered quietly, like I'd disrupt the rain if I spoke any louder and he Jonathan smiled in response.

     "It's also starting to rain," Jonathan said playfully.

     I looked up to the sky to see more raindrops falling, and to see the sky darken even more, "Oh, is it? I didn't notice..." I replied absently.

     I sat up slowly, I was starting to get even more drenched by the rain, and Jonathan's hair was matted against his face, however, I couldn't help but to admire how good he looked when he's soaking wet. Raindrops streamed down his face, and I felt my hair getting weighed down.

     Jonathan stood up, and grabbed his guitar, "Maybe, we should get going," Jonathan said while tousling his hair out of his face.

     I looked at him dazed, he helped me up and nodded my head, "Yea..." I said in agreement, "I'll race ya," I smiled and started running towards my house.

     "Cheater!" I heard him shout, and he started to run after me.

     I ran as fast as I could, making my way through the back door of my house, and towards my room. But, hallway up the stairs, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me down, "Let me go," I laughed.

     Jonathan had me pinned against the stairs, and I was face to face with him, "No, your a cheater," he laughed.

     Our body were wet, and rubbing up against each other; which sent tingles up and down my spine. I managed to wiggled my way out of his grasp, and was able to run to my room. I tried to close the door, but, Jonathan got their in time to stop me from doing so. I ran and he grabbed me causing us to both fall on my bed.

     Jonathan was on top of me, pinning me down and I was squirming trying to get him off, "Get off!" I giggled.

     Jonathan's smile faded, and he was looking at me admiringly, "What?" I asked confused.

     "You're beautiful..." Jonathan said gently, and he bent down to kiss my neck.

     "Jonathan..."

     Jonathan looked at me confused, "What?"

     "Find someone whose demons are compatible with yours," I said painfully.

     "You mean, yours?" Jonathan asks quietly, causing me to become speechless.

     "How?"

     Jonathan climbed off of me, and sat down next to me, "I know you're going through a lot right now, and don't blame you for being cautious, but, there's only so far you can push someone away..." Jonathan explained with a hint of pain.

     "It's just hard for me to trust someone so easily," I tried to explain to him.

     Jonathan looked at me baffled, "I know I've done horrible stuff to you, and I regret it, but,  I promise I'm no longer that person." he said, "You can't keep holding that over me... It was years ago."

     Maybe, I need to stop letting the past hold me back...

     "You'll lose your mind trying to understand mine," I said with a small smile.

     "I lost my mind a long time ago..." Jonathan whispered, "Is this scaring you?" he said meaning us.

     "No," I responded, "Not really. I'm only afraid of what I want."

     "What do you want?" he pauses, "Me?"

     "Yes, you..." I reply, "What are you thinking about?" I added seeing Jonathan in deep thought.

     "Kissing you."

     Jonathan pulled me into a kiss, and I straddled him, "There is one thing that scares me about you," I said while still kissing him.

     "What's that?" he asked.

     "That I can tell you things I can't even tell myself..." I said through kisses.

-------------------

Dear Readers,

     What do you guys think? I know that Arden is very back and forth on Jonathan, but, I mean she's being cautious. Do you guys think she has a right to be? Do you guys think that they'll get together? I know Arden and Jonathan have a very complicated relationship. Comment, and vote!

QOTD: Who's going to read "See You Again: Raising River"?

Sincerely, Ana XD