Chapter 30: Hurt

I looked over Derek's shoulder to see Jonathan standing there, and he had Derek's hand in his grasp, "She said stop." Jonathan said firmly.

Derek pulled his hand from Jonathan's grasp, and turned around to face him, "She doesn't know what she wants," Derek said drunkenly.

"I think I would know that best." Jonathan said plainly, he pulled me by my arm and gently pushed me so he was in front, "Come on," he said with assertiveness.

"Whatever, man. I don't need to waste my time on this...bitch," Derek stumbled, "By the look of those flyers, she wasn't much to look at before, and I'm guess...ing that Jonathan over here fucking you. Right?" Derek added with a big grin.

Then, Jonathan punched Derek right in the face, and it caused Derek to stumble back and fall down. Derek covered his face, and moaned in pain.

"Come on," Jonathan said as he grabbed, and pulled me to the front yard.

"I can... take care of my self," I mumbled drunkenly, and pulled my arm from his grasp.

"You can't even stand up yourself."

I looked at him, and tried to walk. I ended up falling down onto the soft grass, and sat up.

"That's what I thought," he said as he helped me up, and put his arms around my waist to steady me, "Jesus Christ. What are you even doing here?" Jonathan asked with irritation.

I looked at him, and narrowed my eyes, "None of your business, Brandis." I replied and rolled my eyes.

"Were back to Brandis now our we?"

We kept walking until we reached his car, "Yea, we our. Since, you decided to be jerk," I hissed.

"Look, I know you don't want to believe me, but it wasn't me and fuck you for thinking it was!" Jonathan snapped, hitting the top of the car and making me jump.

I looked away, and started to walk away, "Damn it! I don't need this right now!" I screamed at him.

"Arden..." he said as he pulled me back, "I'm sorry... I just...."

I put my head against his chest, and started to sob. Jonathan wrapped his arms around me, and gently ran his fingers through my hair. I didn't know why I did it, but, I couldn't take all this destruction anymore and I think I just broke down.

"Sh..." Jonathan soothed me.

I quickly looked up at him, and whispered, "He's dead...he's dead..."

Jonathan didn't ask any question, and just continued to comfort me. Jonathan helped me into his car, and we drove home.

------------------------------

Jonathan helped me out, into my house, and up the stairs. We entered my room, and we just stood there, "You can go..." I said quietly.

Jonathan sighed and looked at me, "Is that what you want?" he replied.

I looked up at him, "I don't know what I want anymore..."

Jonathan looked down, and put his hands in his pocket, "Well, let me know when you do..." he said, and went to walk out of my room.

I stopped him, and he turned back around to face me, "Why didn't you tell me before...?"

Jonathan looked at me confused, "Tell you what?"

"That you loved me..." I said with pain shooting through my eyes.

Jonathan rubbed his head, and looked me straight in the eyes, "Arden, that's what I've been trying to tell you."

I shook my head, "No... before I left." I stated.

"Because I didn't want to hurt you," he said with guilt in his eyes.

I felt a knot in my throat, and I found it hard to breathe, "It hurts even more now..." I sighed.

"How do you think I feel...?" Jonathan said, and ran his hands through his hair.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe Jonathan really did love, and I fucked it up. I thought.

"I let everyone down," I said with red eyes, "I even let my father...down," I started to cry.

Jonathan moved closer to me, and went to touch my shoulder, but I moved away from his touch, "Don't touch me Jonathan. I'm already crying," I said with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I went to walk over to my bed, but I stumbled, and braced myself on the edge of my bed. I felt hands on both sides of my waist, "Don't, I c-"

"Arden, for once stop fighting me," Jonathan said firmly, "Let me help you..." he added. I nodded my head in agreement, and let him help me.

He helped me stand up, he turned me around, and unzipped my dress and let it fall to the floor. I stepped out from the dress and I unhooked my bra letting it fall too. I was bare chested in front of him, and the whole time he just looked into my eyes. I could feel the tension, he walked over to the dresser, and pulled out an over-sized Star Wars t-shirt.

He slipped the t-shirt over my head, and I fixed my hair and it fell over my chest in long black curls. Jonathan helped me into my bed, turned off my light, and went to walk away. I grabbed his hand to stop him, "Stay..." I whispered.

"Okay..." he whispered with un-certainty, he crawled into the bed, and pulled me towards him.

---------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

That was a powerful chapter! I found myself getting choked up, and almost weeping. Jonathan and Arden are in a very weird place. They're not together, but, Jonathan still comforts her even if she's been a little less than nice to him. But, then again she's going through a lot, and I think she had a right to suspect it what him. What do you guys think?

QOTD: What do you will happen with Arden and Jonathan?

Sincerely, Ana XD