Chapter 13: Barbie's Playhouse

I was walking to school, when I heard someone trying to catch up with me and I stopped to see who is was. It happened to be Jonathan, "Wait for me," he panted from running.

I looked at him in a confusion, "Yea?"

"I thought we could walk together."

I looked around, and shrugged my shoulders, "Okay," I replied, "But why?"

"I thought you could use some company," he replied with a smile.

"Do I look that lonely?" I asked sarcastically.

Jonathan chuckled, and we continued on our way to school, "So, how's things at home?" Jonathan asked while looking at me in a curious manner.

I glanced at him confused, "If by things at 'home' you mean my dad?"

Jonathan nodded his head, "Yea, I guess," he replied, "Have you talked to him?"

I looked away, and tried to occupy my self with the passing houses, "I haven't talked to him..." I responded, "Things are complicated," I added with a sigh.

"Things are only complicated, if you let them be."

I looked over at him, and thought about what he said, "Sometimes, I don't think it's that easy."

"Why not?"

"I don't know... I'll let you know," I said.

Jonathan gave me a small smile, and we continued on our walk.

------------------------

At school.

I trudged through my classes, and it was finally time for lunch. I took my usual spot underneath the oak tree, and proceeded to eat my lunch.

After, a couple of minutes, someone sat down right next to me. I peered over my shoulder to see Jonathan getting comfy on the ground, and setting out his sandwich. I cocked my eyebrow at his actions, "What?" he asked, "Oh, sorry, is this spot taken?" he added playfully.

"Yea, actually, I'm waiting for someone," I lied.

Jonathan looked over at me surprised, "Really who?"

I shook my head, and a small smile washed over my lips, "It was sarcasm," I assured him.

"Right, I knew that," he smiled.

Jonathan proceeded to take a bite out of his sandwich, and I did the same. I looked over to his usual lunch spot, and saw Kate looking over at me in disgust and shock.

"Hey, um, I think Barbie is looking for you," I pointed out to Jonathan.

Jonathan sighed, "What's wrong Ken?" I chuckled, "Oh, speak of the devil," I said as I saw Kate walk over to us.

"Very funny," Jonathan smiled.

Kate stopped right in front of us, and placed her hand on her hips, "Jonny..." she whimpered, "Aren't you going to each lunch with me?"

Me and Jonathan looked at each other, and I shrugged my shoulder at him, "Um, I was going to have lunch with Arden," Jonathan stated.

Kate looked over at me in disgust, and I waved at her with a smile, "Ugh, her?" Kate said, "Don't you want a better view while your eating?"

"Oooh, burn," I said pretending to be hurt by her remark.

Jonathan chuckled at this, "I mean your welcome to join us," Jonathan offered.

"This is suppose to be my lunch spot, not the Barbie playhouse," I said sarcastically to Jonathan.

Kate looked at me, and sneered, "Wow, that was so funny!" Kate said sarcastically.

I looked up at Kate and said, "Well, I try."

"Oh, I see she doesn't have any friends. So you're eating lunch with her," Kate said, "Oh, I get it now. Because Jonny wouldn't eat lunch with you, if it wasn't for pity, and it is," she added.

"Good one," I chuckled, and rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you later Jonny," Kate winked, and walked away.

"Wow..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." Jonathan replied.

"Don't be," I said, "I'm fine."

I finished my sandwich, and stood up, "Well, I'll see you later."

"I thought we were having lunch," Jonathan said confused.

"Well, I was having lunch, while you were talking to Barbie."

"Are you really going to leave me here?"

"Enjoy my lunch spot," I said, "I'll see you in biology," I shouted to him, as I turned to head into the school.
-----------
Dear Readers,

Sorry, it's such a short chapter, but, I promise the next couple will be better. I just wanted to get a chapter out. XD

Sincerely, Ana

QOTD: Jonathan Brandis, Corey Haim or River Phoenix? I know it's a tough one.