Chapter 22: Hello-Kitty

I woke up to a noise, I turned to see a black figure walking towards me, and I immediately got up to grab my umbrella.

     My light was off, so I couldn't see them, and they couldn't see me. I felt someone touch me, I screamed, swung my umbrella around, and hit whoever it was right it the head.

     "What the hell!" I heard the familiar voice say.

     I ran over to my lamp, turned it on, and saw Jonathan standing there holding head. He was dressed in a white t-shirt, grey sweatpants and a pair of converse. While, I was in blue cotton shorts, black V-neck t-shirt and bunny slippers. 

     Whoops...

     "Oh, sorry," I said wincing at his pain, and walked over to him, "How bad is it?" I asked concerned.

     "I can tell you it hurts like hell," Jonathan said in pain, "Remind me to never sneak up on you."

     "Sorry..." I smiled nervously, "Come on," I said motioning him to follow me to my bathroom.

     Jonathan sat on the bathroom counter, and moved his hand away. I observed a pretty good-sized cut on his forehead, and I felt a bump forming there too, "Geez..." I said with guilt, "I'm so sorry."

     Jonathan looked up at me, and smiled, "I'm sure I'll be fine."

     I grabbed a first-aid kit, opened it, and grabbed the alcohol pad and a Band-Aid. I placed them onto the counter, and opened up the alcohol pad.

     Jonathan's face twisted at the sight of the alcohol pad, "Do we have to clean it?" he winced.

     I tilted my head, "Of course," I stated, "Why are you scared," I said with a smile spreading across my face.

     Jonathan sat up straighter, "No,"

     I arched an eyebrow at him, and without warning started to clean his cut, "Ugh!" Jonathan winced in pain.

     I put my hand on my hip, "Not scared, huh?" I chuckled.

     Jonathan looked at me like he was caught in a lie, "You didn't warn me that's why..."

     "Sorry," I smiled, I titled his chin up, and gently dabbed the cut. He winced in pain a little, I opened a Band-Aid, and covered his cut with it.

     "Done!" I exclaimed, "Was that so bad?"

     Jonathan hopped down from the counter, and looked into the mirror. He placed both hand around the sink, inching his face closer to the mirror, "What's this on my face?" he asked.

     "A Band-Aid," I said innocently.

     Jonathan turned around towards me, "Yea, I know that, but, what's on the Band-Aid?"

     I burst out laughing, and answered him, "Hello-kitty!"

     "Really?" he chuckled sarcastically, "Why couldn't it at least be the teenage mutant ninja turtles?" he added.

     "Sorry, my medicine cabinet hasn't been updated for years."

     Jonathan looked back at the mirror, tilting his head and observing the Band-Aid, "I guess I could make Hello-kitty work," he chuckled.

     "It makes you look adorable," he added playfully.

     "Adorable, isn't really what I was going for," he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

     "What were you going for?" I asked curiously.

     Jonathan slowly moved towards me, and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Something manly," he replied with a smile.

     I leaned away a little, and tilted my head, "I don't think they make manly Band-Aid's."

     "The ninja turtles would've been a step up," Jonathan smiled.

     I gently caressed where the Band-Aid was, "I think Hello-Kitty suits you."

     Jonathan looked into my eyes, and I felt tingles, "Ice?" I blurted out awkwardly.

     Jonathan looked at me stunned, and started chuckling, "That would help," he agreed.

     "Sorry, I'm not use to this sort of thing," I said referring to us.

     "It's fine," Jonathan shrugged, "I think it's cute."

     I stepped away from his embrace, and folded my arms, "Cute, isn't what I was going for."

     "Cute suits you," Jonathan replied playfully.

     I turned away, so he couldn't see me blush, because I didn't want him to know he affected me, "Hey don't hide from me," Jonathan said gently, "I think it's cute when you blush."

     "Why?" I pursed my lips.

     "Because it suits you," he smiled.

     I rolled my eyes, and went into to my room, and so did Jonathan, "I'll get you that ice," I said, and went to the kitchen to retrieve it.

---------------------

     Jonathan sat on my bed, and placed the ice pack onto his forehead, "Thanks," Jonathan said while wincing in pain.

     "It's the least I could do," I said shrugging my shoulders.

     I went over to the other side of the, and laid down. I kicked off my slippers, and turned to my side, and rested my head on my pillow.

     "Tired?" Jonathan asked.

     "Not really..." I said, "Want to watch a movie?"

     "Sure."

     I got up, grabbed a random movie, and popped it in, "What movie is it?" Jonathan asked.

     I turned my head towards him, "Uh, The Lost Boys."

     Jonathan shook his head in agreement, "Cool, I like that movie."

     "Good, because, it's my favorite," I smiled.

     "Jonathan sat up on the bed, and kept the ice gently place on his injury, "Hence, why you picked it," Jonathan replied in understanding.

     I shut off my lamp, I walked back over to the bed, and laid down under the covers, "Exactly."

     I looked up at Jonathan from the covers, "Do you want some blankets?" I asked.

    "It's okay," he replied.

     I rolled my eyes, sat up, and covered him with my plushy comforter, "Geez, I'm starting to think you're the one that is scared."

     Jonathan looked at me with raised brows, he pulled me towards him and I laid my head on his chest, "So, who's scared now?"

     I felt tingles shoot through me, when I laid my head against his chest and I wanted to wrap my arm around him, but, I was scared. Suddenly, Jonathan gently took my free arm, and wrapped it around his torso, "Don't be scared," Jonathan whispered.

     I nodded my head, and turned my attention to the opening titles of "The Lost Boys". 

     The last thing I remember is Michael floating out of the window, and Sam calling his mother.

     I think I fell asleep to the rhythmic breathing of Jonathan's chest. I also remember someone saying, "Night..."

-----------------------

Dear Reader,

     Tell me what you think, by commenting, and voting! Do you think something bad is coming?

QOTN: What was your favorite part so far in "Petals In The Storm"?

Sincerely, Ana XD