Chapter 31: In Simplicity There Is Truth

I woke up, expecting to find Jonathan next to me, but he was nowhere to be found, and I felt somewhat disappointed. I sat up, and felt a rush. I steadied my self, by bracing the bed with my hands, and I held my head in my hands.

     I made my way downstairs, and went into the kitchen. I rummaged through the fridge, I grabbed the milk, and grabbed the cereal from the top of the fridge. I closed the fridge with my foot, and put the milk and cereal together.

     I sat, and started to eat the cereal. I sat there contemplating about the past couple of weeks, and what I was going to do. Luckily, I don't have school today, because my mom is letting me stay home for the week.

     "Hey, sweetheart," my mother said as she sat down across from me, "How're you feeling?" she added, and caressed my hand with hers.

     I looked up at her with an expressionless face, and pain in my eyes, "I don't know how to feel, and I'm just all mixed up," I replied with a shrug..

     "Everything will be okay," she tried to assure me.

     "It's not that simple, Mom..."

     "I miss him too, and he would want you to be happy."

     I got up, and put my dish in the sink. I stood at the counter, with my hand holing onto the edge, and my back turned on my mother, "I can't... take being in this house. Knowing that he was dying in this house," I started to cry.

     My mom came up behind me, turned me around, and hugged me, "I'm sorry," my mother whispered, "I just want you to be happy. What do you want?"

     I looked up at my mom with red eyes, and said, "I just want to leave. I can't take feeling this void in this house, and I don't have any reason to be here," I cried.

     My mother looked at me with empathy, "What about Jonathan?" she asked out of the blue.

     "He doesn't need me..." I said quietly.

     "Are you sure about this?" she asked with concern.

     I nodded my head, "Yea..." I whispered.

     "Okay," she agreed, and I continued to cry into her chest.

-------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Ooh, I bet you didn't see that coming! Poor Arden is going through a lot, and so is Jonathan. I know Jonathan tried so hard to convince Arden that he changed, but, the past always comes back. But, I think Arden had a right to be suspicious, and it just shows how much depth they have in their relationship. #WATTYS2015

QOTN: What do you think of Arden's decision?

Sincerely, Ana XD