Chapter 12: Stark Trek or Star Wars

I wondered around aimlessly while my mother poked around at her burger. I looked around for nothing in particular. I was just trying to take my mind off of everything that was going on in my life, "Hey, sweetheart?"

     I stopped, and turned towards my mother, "Yea?"

     "Do you want something to eat?" she asked curiously.

     "No, I'm good." I replied, "Besides it's probably not a good idea to go on rides after eating." I added.

     My mother frowned, "But, that's not fun. Not knowing if you're going to throw is fun and-"

     "Gross." I finished her sentenced.

     "I was going to say funny...but I guess it's gross too," she chuckled.

     "What ride do you want to go on?"

     "Uh..." I said whiled thinking about it. While I was thinking my eyes landed on someone very familiar, and my heart stopped. I turned around immediately.

     Jonathan... I wondered if he noticed me. I thought.

     My mother was looking at me curiously, and awaiting my answer, "Honey, what's wrong?"

     "Uh...nothing," I lied, and forced a smile.

     I peeked back around to where he was, and our eyes connected. I stood frozen for a second, he waved at me and I tuned back around, "Um, what about the Ferris wheel?" I asked my mother.

     She shrugged her shoulders, "Sure." she replied, "Are you sure you're okay?"

     "I'm just peachy," I replied with a smile.

----------------

     We made it to the Ferris wheel, and I sat down, "Come on," I said to my mom while patting the seat next to me.

     My mom clutched at her stomach, "Ugh, I don't think I can..."

     "Why not?"

     "I think you were right about food, and rides," she said while cover her mouth, and running away towards that stalls.

     "Who am I suppose to ride with!" I called out to her. But she was already out of sight.

     "Sorry, little lady you need someone to sit with you." the old, tall dark-haired man said.

     I sighed in disappointment, "Fine..."

    All of a sudden someone sat next to me, and said, "I'll sit with her." I looked over to see Johnathan handing the guy his ticket, and he smiled at me.

     I looked at him in surprise, and then the Ferris wheel started up. We sat in silence for a couple of seconds until he broke it, "So...you go to carnivals?"

     I turned my head towards him, and cocked an eyebrow at him, "Why is that so surprising?" I asked somewhat offended.

     "I don't know... There's a lot of people at carnivals," he said, and I was still looking at him confused, "Well, I mean you don't seem to be very social." he added.

     I rolled my eyes, "Do I look hard to talk to?"

     "Well, yea kind of..."

     "Why is that?" I shot back.

     "You can be intimidating..." he said hesitantly with a small smile.

     I narrowed my eyes at him, "Then why are you talking to me?"